FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: heater core/ evaporator replacement tips?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    I'm getting ready to undertake this job myself, and will be attempting to remove the evap without removing the heater side. That being said, can anyone tell me how many vertical and how many horizontal screws will need to be removed? At the moment, by feel, it seems like 4 horizontal screws connecting the sides together and 10/11 vertical screws holding the top of the box to the bottom. Can anyone who has done this before verify/correct these numbers?
    I can't give you the number off the top of my head, but I do know that the Workshop Manual (which I don't have with me right now) says "remove ___ screws." So I kept fondling around in the dark finding more until I found that number, and it came out. So I'd say the Workshop Manual is correct.

Good luck, and post if you get stuck - I'll try to help you as best as I can from my fuzzy memory.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I can't give you the number off the top of my head, but I do know that the Workshop Manual (which I don't have with me right now) says "remove ___ screws." So I kept fondling around in the dark finding more until I found that number, and it came out. So I'd say the Workshop Manual is correct.

Good luck, and post if you get stuck - I'll try to help you as best as I can from my fuzzy memory.
    I will definitely take you up on that should the need arise.

I am surprised, however, that the manual would speak on removing just the evaporator side of the heater box assembly. From what I've gleaned off the net, that sort of removal is a bit less traditional. I'll have to give it a look when I get home and see.
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    I am surprised, however, that the manual would speak on removing just the evaporator side of the heater box assembly.
    It doesn't, but I think removing all of the screws would make sure that you have the wiggle room to separate the top and bottom pieces on the right side. That's just my opinion.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3