FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ultimate Engine Thread

looking at a japanese sourced powerplant (ideally a 2jz supra motor). what tranny options exist to mate to such a motor? i imagine it would have to be something from the Porsche parts bin?

My VIN:    01974

anyone heard from eddie lately? His engine(s) belongs in this thread.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

I am happy with my VQ35 swap... Adding the ProCharger C2 may have been a little overkill.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    I am happy with my VQ35 swap... Adding the ProCharger C2 may have been a little overkill.
    Don't you dare say that! Your car is EPIC!

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Don't you dare say that! Your car is EPIC!
    Thanks for the kind words, but part of my definition of "ultimate" is practical and cost effective.. Adding the blower did give me more power, but in retrospect the cost/effort to do it was not worth it.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    10186

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    looking at a japanese sourced powerplant (ideally a 2jz supra motor). what tranny options exist to mate to such a motor? i imagine it would have to be something from the Porsche parts bin?
    i believe you can use the DeLorean Trans to mount up to the 2JZ with some modification. i saw it on another D at a car show this year..

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by timothymoore View Post
    i believe you can use the DeLorean Trans to mount up to the 2JZ with some modification. i saw it on another D at a car show this year..
    Quite a bit of modification. That's (now) Cliff S. car here in Cincinnati/Lebanon Ohio. But the way that the previous owner (Ed down in FL) facilitated the mating was that the bell housing from the supra transmission and the bell housing for the DeLorean transmission were each cut in half, then two halves were tig welded together so that the supra bellhousing still mounts to the engine. Not exactly a simple mod. Plus to fit the inline 6 engine, the transmission is shifted forward 8 inches or so, and the crank pully is still inside the fascia. Still it's an excellent looking swap, very well done.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 07-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2