FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have funds, need DeLorean..

My VIN:    01955

Is the $5K including taxes upon arrival? In Australia, there was a charge for the importing itself, then GST, then Stamp Duty and some other BS taxes.

I'm sure you have researched to what you have to look for so no point typing it all out. Keep an eye on Chris Burns's page on FB!

My VIN:    10985

Hi Simon,

Actually GST isn't something that's mentioned in any of the importation documentation I've read so far, so just did some more digging.

Of course the government have to take its share of the original purchase, despite it not being purchased in NZ, so this raises the whole cost by yet another $2,000NZD!!

It might end up cheaper to actually move to the USA

My VIN:    03572

How many Ds are in NZ? I know of one guy there that has bought most everything I sell but he is not a member here.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Hi Bitsyncmaster,

I have tracked around 15 at the moment, but there may be more hidden away that I don't know about.

You can see the full list on my registry site here:

http://biggerstaff.co.nz/DeLorean/

Which one had the personal plates "SIMON"?

It was for sale over 12 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Which one had the personal plates "SIMON"?

It was for sale over 12 months ago.
    the new plate on that car is GBK571 VIN# 4894

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBiggerstaff View Post
    the new plate on that car is GBK571 VIN# 4894
    Stalker jk

You have managed to keep track of them!

Still Looking

Hi to all the DeLorean fans out there,

Just letting everyone know I'm still looking for a DeLorean, I came very very close to buying one from Copart in Minnesta, I even had the shipping company on standby, but I missed out in the last hours as someone else hit the "buy now" while I was trying to get the money across to my visa debit card for the deposit. I'm not sure how US banks work, but here money won't go from one account to another on weekends!

I've learnt a lot though the process though and am ready to do it all again knowing what questions to ask right off the bat this time!

The US exchange rate has changed a little since the last time I posted and Simon has reminded me of GST, I also have accurate shipping quotes so I have revised my budget and at the moment my budget is $10,000-$13,000USD for the DeLorean.

So if anyone knows of a DeLorean close to that budget (I'm still saving around $1000NZD-ish per fortnight) please let me know. Auction sites aren't really an option as by the time shipping is arranged and quotes provided, the item has either gone above my budget or someone's hit the buy now.

Deloreans in NZ

There is a guy Stan Turner in Palmerston North that has 2 D's and parts from a third.

The cars came into NZ when they were under 20 years old so have never been registered.I doubt if they will ever see the road while in his ownership.

He owns Turner Engineering and the last time I saw the cars they were sitting in a warehouse with stuff piled on top of them which is really sad.

A way to get them on the road would be to export them and re import them.Just has to go to the closest port outside NZ.

BTW could you change my rego to DMCXII

Cheers,

Fred

My VIN:    04610

A bit off topic here : just saw your list on DeLoreans in New Zealand, but there is one fault in it (that I know off): VIN#06759 belongs to a guy in Norway (since 1999, according to the owner) ...

Just wanted to let you know! Good luck with your search, I hope you find your dream DeLorean soon!

@Bigmac: any pictures of the 2 DeLoreans?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast