FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Have funds, need DeLorean..

My VIN:    10985

Thanks Andy, I'll remove this one from the list. Someone from DMC Huston gave me that info, so the car may have moved since their records were updated.

I've put my search for a DeLorean on the back burner for now, as every car I enquire about seems to have sold before it's even advertised on the net. Also my AMC never sold so it seems a waste to be spending my entire life savings on a DeLorean while the AMC sits and rots in my garage.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Aha.

I had read a few years ago about a black painted car on New Zealand and happened to come across a photo today

mud flaps FTW
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Aha.

mud flaps FTW
    On stock springs? If so, Rally Car!

My VIN:    6272

Hi Peter, I know you are looking for a drivable Delorean but your revised budget of USD $10-13K might make things very difficult for you. It is unlikely that you'll find a car that fits all of your criteria in that price range. Aim between $16-20K and you might have a better shot. If that means waiting until spring until you've saved up more, that's OK. You'll probably have a lot more to choose from at that point anyways!

My VIN:    10985

Quote Originally Posted by eldusto84 View Post
    Hi Peter, I know you are looking for a drivable Delorean but your revised budget of USD $10-13K might make things very difficult for you. It is unlikely that you'll find a car that fits all of your criteria in that price range. Aim between $16-20K and you might have a better shot. If that means waiting until spring until you've saved up more, that's OK. You'll probably have a lot more to choose from at that point anyways!
    I agree, I've been watching the price of DeLoreans slowly climb, I notice for a semi-decent one you are now looking $30k as opposed to $25k.

There was a DeLorean on Copart a while back which was selling for about $11k I think (it was a while ago) and after arranging shipping etc I went to purchase the car. To secure the car I had to put a deposit on it, but by the time the NZ banks had moved the money across to my VISA, the car had sold! I missed out by one day, so needless to say I became very dispondant for a while and DeLoreans went down in my list of priorities. I also bought a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer GSR with the money I'd saved for the DeLorean as my car was starting to get high in the milage.

I've since saved back up again, and am even willing to look at a little finance if needs be, So am back looking at DeLoreans for sale. Drivable cars are still an advantage due to the complications with shipping, but apart from that the only criteria is that it be a manual. I don't mind painted or even panel damage providing that the Frame is in ok condition.

Just really posting this in case anyone is thinking of selling their 'project' car or know of one going close to them. Its getting very hard for overseas buyers as a lot of websites (like ebay) don't allow overseas buyers any more.

As an example, this car would be perfect for me if it was manual:
    http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...an--c-2597.htm

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBiggerstaff View Post
    As an example, this car would be perfect for me if it was manual:
    http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1...an--c-2597.htm
    Those guys have some of the roughest DeLoreans for sale. I almost expect them to have the Crablorean up sooner or later.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Those guys have some of the roughest DeLoreans for sale. I almost expect them to have the Crablorean up sooner or later.
    Not just DeLoreans but seems like most of the cars on their website are sizable projects. They seem to ask top dollar for these projects too.

They had a DeLorean with no engine or trans not long ago and they wanted close to $9k for it in that condition.
    Jeff

My VIN:    6272

Peter, I am planning to sell my Delorean this spring if you are interested. I already listed it on Ebay once but the top bidder backed out, and I will probably wait to re-list until late March.

This isn't a project car, although it is not perfect either (how many Deloreans really are?). Here is a link to the thread I have on it in the For Sale section. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can talk details.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?87...iles-22k-range

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3