FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For you Trekkies (and gamers) out there

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

For you Trekkies (and gamers) out there

Suffering from a fair amount of TREK withdrawal I stumbled across this. I know this is way off the map as far as DeLoreans go but just thought i'd share it anyway enjoy,(sorry about the 16 sec ad in the beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbh4g...layer_embedded
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Ah yes! As much as I prefer TNG over J.J. Abram's movie, this looks cool. Like Mass Effect and the Trek retcon. Should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by jmrydholm View Post
    Ah yes! As much as I prefer TNG over J.J. Abram's movie, this looks cool. Like Mass Effect and the Trek retcon. Should be interesting!
    Agreed.....but at this point i'll take what I can get
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

I rebuilt my Windows XP system just so I could play Klingon Academy

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I hate that g-d awful movie.. It was not Trek, just the Twilight approach to Star Trek.. Making Trek palatable to the masses.. I agree with L7.. "the masses are asses" Just teen sex, bare chested twats, zero plot and dumbed down with the added constant barrage of explosions..

Being a life long die hard fan I have to admit TOS movies and TNG is where it peaked for me. Although I'm happy its back even in this Abrams Trek / Nu-prise version. The new storyline, ship dimensions, THOSE GOD AWFUL ENGINEERING SETS all could use a little tweaking. But its better then watching it fade into obscurity.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

USS Kelvin was awesome. Very primitive, the engineering section almost looked like a dirty warehouse. That kind of reminded me of the TV show Enterprise. I didn't like what they did with the "new" Enterprise or it's bridge for that matter. The whole darn set was lit up with lens flares and white light like a Christmas tree.

Star Trek is not about teen sex or explosions, it is deeper than that.. It is a show that makes you question yourself and others, makes you stop and think; Morality, philosophy, science.. et cetera. The reason these people like it is because it has the stpuid things in it now that the imbeciles can connect to. It took every fibre of my being not to walk out and demand a refund.. I stayed and watched and told myself "It has to get better at some point.." [spoiler]It never did..[/spoiler] I have a bat'leth among much of my Trek based posessions in my room, reminder of true trek, rather than whatever this crap now is.

Yeah i'll admit watching the 40 plus years of cannon get thrown out the window turned my stomach a little bit. But I haven't really watched XI in a while. I wouldn't be too harsh on it, it's the way everything is going nowadays.

Every time I get bored looking for a Trek flick to watch i still put on wrath of kahn or search for Spock. Because 30 years later I can't have one without the other and still can't decide which one I like better.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    Yeah i'll admit watching the 40 plus years of cannon get thrown out the window turned my stomach a little bit. But I haven't really watched XI in a while. I wouldn't be too harsh on it, it's the way everything is going nowadays.

Every time I get bored looking for a Trek flick to watch i still put on wrath of kahn or search for Spock. Because 30 years later I can't have one without the other and still can't decide which one I like better.
    Wrath of Khan is the best in my opinion.. I would use the popcorn smiley here, but I hate popcorn..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast