Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: For you Trekkies (and gamers) out there

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Btw ryan, that was awesome!!!

My VIN:    3937

A) That game looks awesome!!

B) Wrath of Khan has always been my favorite.

C) But the new Abrams Star Trek movie just moved into 2nd place... I loved it! (and was actually thinking about watching it again the other day coincidentally).

D) and for a quick off topic item --> if you want something to make you throw up in your mouth a little bit... go watch the trailer for the new Footloose movie. Now that's something that should have been left alone. Did movie makers in today's age just all of a sudden run out of any original ideas or something??

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4534

The reason the Engineering section in Abram's Trek flick looked like a warehouse was because it was a warehouse. It was filmed in a beer brewery that got a coat of paint to look like a new ship.

Aside from that I did enjoy the movie and I loved the new take on the big E.

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The game looks good, but I'm not expecting anything great. If past trek games are any proof, this game may bomb (hopefully not!).

I have been watching Star Trek since I was a kid and have enjoyed each series and movies in it's own way. The new JJ Abrams movie was good for the fact that I was able to drag my entire family to the theater with me and they all actually enjoyed it. I like the Beastie Boys but strongly feel that there music doesn't belong in a Star Trek film. I was a bit irritated about 2 things in that film.

1. Why was there no back story to Spock and Uhurra hooking up? It was really out of left field considering it is the "first" in a new line of movies. A bit of history would have been nice.

2. As the Enterprise was leaving Vulcan, they were at warp, Spock decides to drop Kirk off at the nearest planet which, as old Spock watches Vulcan explode, appears to be really close to this planet. if they were in a hurry to get to the bad guy, then why were they going so slow that they only got a planet away? Seemed like a lot of time had passed from departure to kicking Kirk off.

Wait a minute...why the F am I discussing the new Star Trek movie on a DeLorean forum?
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3