FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: (another) "wont start" thread

My VIN:    (formerly 16276) & (Currently) 00901

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Bummer: That should be one contiguous wire from RPM to the FP connector, however there could be another connector buried in the underbody You have to drop the Washer fluid tank to get at it.
    Thats what I was afraid of. Washer fixing screws are rusted out and will require drilling. I still need to test the continuity of the wire going to the pump though. I need to be sure it's a break or a short before I delve any further into it. It still baffles me that things could go this terribly wrong when the car is sitting

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

http://store.delorean.com/c-349-3-7-...t-harness.aspx The bottom image is the front harness that goes to Item 6 FP harness. You will have to drop the Washer fluid reservoir ,which can be a (PITA) in order to get at the Main to Front harness connector.

Hopefully Mice did not get at the area but anything is possible.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Bummer: That should be one contiguous wire from RPM to the FP connector, however there could be another connector buried in the underbody You have to drop the Washer fluid tank to get at it.

http://store.delorean.com/c-349-3-7-...t-harness.aspx The bottom image is the front harness that goes to Item 6 FP harness. You will have to drop the Washer fluid reservoir ,which can be a (PITA) in order to get at the Main to Front harness connector.
    What else does the harness power? based on the photo it's hard to tell what all connections are there. Horns? Radiator fans? Im not sure

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC1983 View Post
    I need to be sure it's a break or a short before I delve any further into it. It still baffles me that things could go this terribly wrong when the car is sitting
    If you put 12V on pin 87 (via the Brown wire) of the RPM relay and there is no power on the White/Purple wire at the Fuel Pump plug, you HAVE proved there is a break in the White/Purple wire. If you bring 12V from somewhere else to that point, the pump should run.

Hopefully Mice did not get at the area but anything is possible.
    I'm betting on the mouse!

What else does the harness power? based on the photo it's hard to tell what all connections are there. Horns? Radiator fans? Im not sure

Yup. Horns, Cooling Fans, Fuel Pump, Tank Sender and Brake Fluid level switch. It may just be a case of poor connection of Purple/white wire terminals in that Connector.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 02-16-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Yup. Horns, Cooling Fans, Fuel Pump, Tank Sender and Brake Fluid level switch. It may just be a case of poor connection of Purple/white wire terminals in that Connector.
    Well, the horns work if that makes anything hah! Well, Ill go ahead and rip out the washer bottle.

Well, the horns work if that makes anything hah! Well, Ill go ahead and rip out the washer bottle.
    Surface rusted Bolt heads don't always mean they are rusted in the Riv-nuts. If you have a cordless drill with an Hex to 1/4 drive adapter. You may be able to rattle the fasteners ( start with a low Clutch setting 5-6) increase as necessary. The slipping clutch causes vibration into the rotational torque. (Poor mans impact wrench) If the they vibrate enough they might come loose. If the they are frozen, it could spin the riv-nut an or snap the M5 bolts. The worst case being you still end up drilling the heads off the bolts anyway. I've also had great success using a LOW torque cordless Impact wrench.
    DENNIS

I ruled out the front harness, so all that's left is what's between the RPM relay and the connector. Looks like I got to tear the car apart now

I ruled out the front harness, so all that's left is what's between the RPM relay and the connector. Looks like I got to tear the car apart now
    How did you rule out the front harness? Did you access the buried connector?
    DENNIS

How did you rule out the front harness? Did you access the buried connector?
    Yep, Tested the connection with the fuel pump connected. Source to ground. Even checked the inertia switch connections.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast