FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Mothballs and a bad idea...

My VIN:    1704

Quote Originally Posted by Carliannewman View Post
    1st, let me please thank everyone for their support.

So, as I said in an earlier post ... Once I fixed may A/C, the mouse urine smell was unbearable. I mean it was bad. I wouldn't let anyone get in the car (after allowing that for two years). It was definitely the repair if the A/C.

But, I was highly unmotivated to not disassemble the now-working A/C system. So, i did what could after removing the blower motor (not too much).

When I was under the pass dash, I could see a crack in the housing for the A/C exchanger. I thought about for a bit and decided... I would cut an access panel in the box holding the A/C exchanger.

What a good idea (for those with lower standards). I had had great access to the mouse nest ruining my ability to enjoy the car without the A/C removal/drain/recharge. I carefully removed all mouse evidence (prob 95%), and I should be good to go.

I'm not proud, but I'm kinda proud. I'll follow up with a pix of the access panel and confirmation it solved the smell

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pictures attached. Since the HVAC box was cracked by the previous owner, I wasn't too concerned about cutting an access panel with a Dremel. Clearly I wasn't too concerned with the quality of cut. Two screws on the top edge assist in holding the panel in place. Some could do a much nice job with the panel. There is a good bit of clearance between the panel and evaporator core.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Did you take a picture of the grossness?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

No picot mouse nest

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Did you take a picture of the grossness?
    Sorry, no pix of the mouse nest. There was about 1 inch of debris mainly focused between the evaporator and the panel I cut and towards the drain tube. Not much behind the evaporator.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6