Hi all,

I started making these flywheel lock tools to prevent the crankshaft from turning and to loosen the nut on the crankshaft pulley much easier!!!
DSC03363.jpgDSC03365.jpg

We've all read the different threads and experienced ourselves how difficult it is to keep the crankshaft from turning in order to loosen the nut. I bought 2 different flywheel lock tool, one that was "universal" for $30, which did not fit, and another one for around $30 that had 2 sides to it. One side was for GM and the other side was for Volvo/Saab, I definitely thought that would work but nothing! Money and time wasted! I decided to make my own tool! Made out of 304 S/S.

FlywheelTool.jpgFlywheelToolTightening.jpgFlywheelToolLoosening.jpg

It bolts right on the left side, driver side, bottom. My exhaust system is out of the way. First, I match up the teeth of the tool with the flywheel teeth, then I had the wrench on the pulley nut, moving the pulley till I matched up the hole on the tool to the already existing threaded hole in order to bolt it in, 7mm bolt. Was told DMC spec should be 135 ft. lbs. tops. I easily went up to 175 ft. lbs., you don't want to go too high and damage something. When I went to loosen the nut, it loosened very easy, put some strength.

Overall the "teeth" on the tool, moved inward 1mm, but can be moved back just a tad! Both sides are the same, so if one side were ever to go bad, you can use the other side.
You can also mount on the back of your engine if you remove transmission off the engine, as seen on P.61 of the DMC book!
2ih2t69.jpg

At the moment I am out of a job, trying to find ways to make money. I had someone make a bunch of them for me. Made of 304 S/S and comes with 7mm bolt and washer! Would appreciate the help!!
DSC03389.jpgDSC03390.jpg

Selling at $35 flat, shipping and handling already included within the US 48 states!! Ready to ship out! Sorry, that's the best price I can do, but it beats others out there selling for around the same price, plus their shipping charges and you won't really no if it will work/fit. With me you can't go wrong!

**Please comment only if you are interested and/or to write something positive!!**

Thank you!!