FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2013)-Saturday April 20th-Featuring DPI

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2013)-Saturday April 20th-Featuring DPI

I'm pleased to announce the date for the semi-annual NC DeLorean gathering/social/tech session. It will be held Saturday April 20th. The fall event was extremely successful, with 14 DeLoreans in attendance and over 25 owners and enthusiasts present! Can we do better this time? The theme will be the same. We will have DeLorean Performance Industries Josh, the mobile DPI shop with tools, a lift, parts, and maybe a few other surprises. I'm sure Josh will chime in with his plans for the event. Saturday lunch will be provided, menu TBD. I promise it will not be pizza this time, I'm going to do better than that! I'll have Dwayne G return to photo document the session, and provide free custom photo session with your DeLorean. Prints will be available for purchase with his unique Aluminum Art printing process. Samples will be available to look at, and I'll have my 2 prints on display that I purchased from him after the last event. I can arrange a great deal on tires, mounting, balancing, and alignment services with a local tire shop just like last time if anyone needs those services. There were 4 that took advantage of this the last time, and they were very pleased with the care that was taken with the DeLoreans. So, lets start a list of those that want to confirm attendance, any parts you want DPI Josh to bring, any specific things you want to work on with your DeLorean, and any new ideas you think would make the event more enjoyable.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Man I need to go this! I live 6 hours away and money is freaking tight for me.

Pencil me in, I don't know my schedule yet, but I would imagine I would have off that day. I'll be in NC that month so it'll work out perfect! Let me know if I should bring a dish to pass.

Sweet! I just checked my schedule and i get off saturday moring at 730am and ill head that way straight from the station 5873 needs a few things since the last time we were all together not exactly sure what the issue is but since we put all that new stuff in the fuel tank shes been runing kinda rough the first few minutes until she warms up a lil bit, and of course still need the usual things that its been needing for the past few years lol, anyway see you guys then

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

I'll be there! I bought one of Dwayne's aluminum prints from the last tech session, it's very cool.

As Josh diagnosed last time, I need a new AC compressor, and April would be a great time to get it installed. So, if time permits, put me down for one of them! My system's already been converted to R134a, though who knows if anything else there needs replacing.

I also may need help with a "warm" start issue I haven't tracked down yet, more info here from a while back: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?51...-issue-(video)

I haven't been able to take the DeLorean out of winter hibernation yet due to the weather and all the salt on the road, so there may be more, but hoping that's all.

Thanks for hosting this again, Darren, and thanks to Josh for being willing to make the trip again!

My VIN:    1561

Sorry I missed your call, Darren, the phone didn't even ring and I was sitting right next to it, odd. Anyway, I should be able to make it on the 20th. I just put it down on my calendar so I won't forget. As usual, I don't really have anything planned for my car (even though I probably should!) but I'll at least be there to help others and socialize. I'll forward this over to Jim in Raleigh to see if he's interested this time, he's been pretty quiet lately. Oh and not sure if Michael Babb keeps up with the forums but I'll send it to him too.

Looking forward to it!

Todd
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Thanks Todd for pointing me in the right direction.

Darren, please pencil me in as well. Will have to verify scheduled, but would love to attend again.

For anyone that needs tires and/or an alignment this is a great time to do it. As Darren mentioned, the shop was great. They took excellent care of the cars and did a fantastic job.
    Michael Babb

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I promise it will not be pizza this time, I'm going to do better than that!
    Diet Cheerwine?

My VIN:    16867

Count me in - Maybe I just haven't lived in NC long enough, but diet Cheerwine? That's even worse than lite beer - - gag!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I've subscribed to this thread because I'd like to come to this event, although I'm not sure I can make it yet. Please continue to post updates because I'd like to know what's going on. Thanks!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast