FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC cars in Blue, Saddle Brown and Burgundy

DMC cars in Blue, Saddle Brown and Burgundy

Raphael Ferdani a DeLorean owner in France recently wrote to me telling about a blue trimmed car that was seen in Monaco. This prompted me to look through my old records including the hand written specification book meticulously compiled and maintained by Len Weaver who worked for me in the DeLorean Coventry office. The production orders for the "other" colours were placed in January 1982 ( I attach an extract from the hand written BOM brochure) only a few weeks before receivership. But before that time one of each car had been built and shipped from the factory.

But where are they now?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by nick sutton; 02-23-2013 at 10:02 AM.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

This is interesting. Prior to the Sale of the Kapac Inventory to DMCH. There was a Club event at the Warehouse in Columbus. We had the the chance to rummage through the rows and rows of tightly packed inventory. I recall James Espey (them private citizen) finding a few colored interior parts. Two pieces were burgundy (steering wheel pad and Grab handle) One was blue (glove box lid). The burgundy pieces can be seen in the Deloreanmuseum.org collection. I have not seen the Blue piece since that day back in 96. I will say the Blue was not very attractive. It reminded me of early 70's turquoise blue vinyl interiors.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I believe car that came out of the factory with the blue interior was VIN 10454. Located in Monaco. Attached is a photo.
    Attached Images
    Shannon

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

There are a couple of clips on YouTube with a D driving around in Monte Carlo. It's hard to tell from the video, but I think it has a grey or black interior. Must be more than one DeLorean in Monaco!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMizYifzTlc
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I believe car that came out of the factory with the blue interior was VIN 10454. Located in Monaco. Attached is a photo.
    Maybe someone was a toothpaste company exec? Makes me gag just looking at it.

That sure looks like a black dash in the video.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

This color of blue (or slightly darker one) is a lot closer to what I recall seeing in that sample Glovebox cover.
    Attached Images
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

That isn't it blue. The blue is obvious blue, not some variation of grey.

That one looks like a dye job done by an owner. Notice all the stitching is the same color. That isn't factory.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    [SNIP] Must be more than one DeLorean in Monaco!
    FWIW, the Registry shows four DeLoreans (1745,3131,5598,10454) whose last reported location was in Monaco. The date and accuracy of this data cannot be guaranteed, of course.

Thomas

He is the info on the burgandy one. I have actually called the garage, the car is still there but not for sale.

http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...php?f=41&t=180

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast