FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Jegs

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Jegs

Unbelievable. If you've never ordered from these guys, you don't know what service is. I've had to buy a fair number of hoses and fittings as part of the EFI conversions I done on my car and others. The most recent was for moving my fuel filter from down on the frame to up on the rear firewall. I use SS braided 6AN hose with threaded fittings. To connect to the hard line at the frame I have a compression fitting and 6AN connection. Braided hose up to firewall.

Well, I ordered a banjo fitting to go from the 12mm x 1.5 pitch outlet of the fuel filter to a 6AN fitting to connect the hose to. It came quickly and while installing it I noticed the nipple that inserts into the rubber wasn't ribbed or threaded. Odd.... The straight fittings are. I tried and not surprisingly I had fuel squirting all over the place.
    • At 5:29 PM on a Saturday I wrote to Jegs telling them that I thought my fitting must have been incorrectly machined, or was mislabeled and wasn't for high pressure installations. I included a picture.
    • At 6:28 PM I had a reply from the mail order supervisor telling me that he compared my picture to items on the shelf and that yes indeed, my part was missing the necessary threading. He offered a replacement or credit first thing Monday morning.
    • I replied at 8:15 and told him I needed a replacement.
    • By 8:22 PM he confirmed that it will be replaced.

IT'S FREAKIN SATURDAY NIGHT! That's awesome customer service people. I told him so and just like I would report about poor service, I'm glad to be able to spread the news about good service.
    Their website is really good too.... the search works well to find the odd fittings that can be hard to find.

Owen.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I've only ordered something from Jegs once. The tool arrived almost immediately after I clicked "submit". I felt like Wile E. Coyote putting his order form in the mailbox, waiting, and the Acme delivery man shows up a moment later.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I have 11 Jegs hats from all the different orders I placed during my LS1 swap. Theres a reason I kept buying from them. Their service was awesome and their shipping ridiculously fast. Granted their warehouse is located about 120 miles north of me but still, what really counted was the speed at which orders were processed. I got just about everything next day. Plus, they have the best price match utility. On their website, if something is cheeper somewhere else, you just type in the lower price with the link to where it's cheaper and they bill you the lower price. Time and time again I found things cheaper on summits website, but still bought from Jegs using their price matching.

:)

My VIN:    3299

That's about all the endorsements we need from you Josh .
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....