FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Condenser Install

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    I'm thinking you're looking at around 10-11 hour drive. I'm between Orlando and Daytona.
    Ouch. I do need a road trip but 10 hours is a little far for me.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

...if we do it, when it comes time for your D, it'll be that much easier...
    Without the body in the way, it'll be even easier than that!

If you're still on board, this weekend coming up, 9-10, is booked. What weekends work for you? And of course everyone else is still invited, even to just watch. We'll do a cook out, make it an informal tech session if anyone is interested. I would still like to do this job this month, but if other people are interested in coming, we could push this to August (when it's even hotter)
    I'm busy the next 2 weekends, but we can tentatively schedule it for the weekend after.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

I'm down! Just let me know in advance so that I can make it work with my schedule

My VIN:    3004

Which weekend works better for you guys, the 23rd-24th or 30th-31st?

Well, while you guys are still thinking about the dates, I'm still doing some research. I've found that the local Auto Zone rents a vacuum for a deposit of $300. I get my money back when I return it, so it sounds like a great deal, however I've never used one before and they don't offer instructions. I would like to assume it's as simple as hooking the right hoses up to the right ports, but who knows what could go wrong.

I talked to mechanic #1 again, and they finally told me they couldn't find any documentation on how to do the work, and so they wanted me to try another mechanic, but I told them the DCF is going to do it instead. He's still willing to do the vacuum and ac charge for $150 though. Although that puts me out more money, it would cut out the potential problems created by doing the vacuuming myself.

Okay, so in the meantime, although I would like to get the new fans, I think I need to get a fuel accumulator since I think it's more important to have a running car, instead of a car with low voltage, but can't start. If you guys wanna tackle that too, I could get the part. Also I might need some better tools to reach the hoses better in those tight spots. I also need more seals. I put a call to Hervey, but he hasn't responded and I just saw a post where his message box could be full. I saw a bag of seals for $5 at Auto zone, so I think we'll be good either way.

Alright, so here's the new poll;
    1. when is everyone available
    2. Do we wanna handle the vacuum ourselves
    3. Do we wanna tackle the accumulator too

1. Next 2 weekends are still open for me at the moment.
    2. Never done it, not sure how.
    3. Never done it, heard it's easy.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Wanna shoot for the 23rd than? I'm ordering the accumulator from Hervey today so we get it by this weekend. I also need to pick up a set up stubby wrenches. If you guys wanna bring some tools that you think might help us out too, don't hesitate (working around the dryer can be a real bitch). We can also run down to the store if need be.

Hey guys I just noticed this thread, I just moved to orlando last week and I wouldn't mind coming to this little meet if that's ok, i'll be a little help to this project because im far from being a mechanic but it will be cool to meet other D people in the area, ill bring 5873 with me to thanks Brandon

Every hand helps. You're more than welcomed to come.

Wanna shoot for the 23rd than? I'm ordering the accumulator from Hervey today so we get it by this weekend. I also need to pick up a set up stubby wrenches. If you guys wanna bring some tools that you think might help us out too, don't hesitate (working around the dryer can be a real bitch). We can also run down to the store if need be.
    Sounds good, what time do you want to get started?
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast