FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Key

My VIN:    4158

Key

I tried searching for it, and to no avail.....can we get illuminated door key blanks? My door key is broke on the plastic, and need to get a copy made.
    Daryl Felsberg
    www.darylfelsberg.com

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by darylfelsberg View Post
    I tried searching for it, and to no avail.....can we get illuminated door key blanks? My door key is broke on the plastic, and need to get a copy made.
    I think the illuminated ones are NLA and all you can get are the later one-key style replica blanks.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Call DMCH for the lighted key blanks. I don't think anything is available for the 2 key system any longer. Originally the lighted key was only for the 2 key system but I think now DMCH has lighted blanks for the 1 key system. You should have at least 2 good keys, preferably cut by code. The code is under the driver's door headliner or if it is still there, a small round sticker under the steering column.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I bought one of the one key lighted reproductions. It is awesome! I really do like it. I'm pretty sure they have those in stock. I did get mine over a year ago, but would be surprised if they are gone....
    Soundkillr was here.

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I think the illuminated ones are NLA and all you can get are the later one-key style replica blanks.
    Sort of. DMCH has the key, minus all the light components (bulb, button, battery, even the cover) listed, but unless you can get all those parts separately, it's next to useless if you need a copy made.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9486-cut-key-wr.aspx

If you need a replacement however, you could transfer the light components from your old key to the new one.