FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Battery recommedations...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Any new recommendations out there? My battery is 7 yrs old and pretty sure it's time to replace it. I had it on the charger for a bit, drove around no problem for an hour or so. Let it sit over night and tried to start it again this morning and click click click.
    Get it tested. Most places will do it for free but a 7 year old battery is probably close to replacement anyway. Also test for current draw. You could have a problem in your electrical system that is draining the battery and will drain a new battery too. Consider a battery master switch to use when you aren't using the car. When you get the battery tested have them check the alternator too. Any good name brand battery is fine as long as it fits. Interstate is a good brand. Spending for an Optima IMHO is not worth it. Never let a battery go completely dead. It shortens it's life a LOT. Use a battery tender once a month for 1 day to keep it fully charged when you are not using the car.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Any new recommendations out there? My battery is 7 yrs old and pretty sure it's time to replace it. I had it on the charger for a bit, drove around no problem for an hour or so. Let it sit over night and tried to start it again this morning and click click click.
    I put a kill switch on vehicles I don't drive regularly. This helps tremendously in my experiences.
    Jeff

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6