FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel return line adapter

My VIN:    5482

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to see if I can't make any progress on this over the next few days. Out of all the fuel lines I've replaced, this one looks to be the most time consuming.
    Jeff

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Unhappy Adapter to Hardline problem. - Leaking

I am having a similar problem and need your advice.

For my case, I was able to seperate return line from hardline. But my flexible hose and adapter are totally fused together and won't come off. So I got an used adapter for my new flexible hose but fuel is leaking between adapter and hardline connector. Not a lot but still.... After many tries, I decided to remove the new line and adapter and put the old one back in. It still leaked but after tightening to max, it stopped leaking, I think. I hope. I pray.

Now I am totally afraid to go back and try it again. I already snapped my brake caliper hard line last week and not about to snap a fuel line. Plus, I am out of copper washers after trying several times.

Do I need a new acorn or new adapter (and not used one)? I tighten adapter to hardline so much that I don't think that will ever come off. Uggg.... Maybe I should just not touch it at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2