FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Call for Wrecked DeLoreans

Call for Wrecked DeLoreans

Well actually, we don't want you to wreck your DeLorean! But if you do know any that are already wrecked...read on.

It’s official. As part of the effort to track DeLorean modifications, we (the Texas club) wil now begin keeping a list of those VINs that are known wrecked. If anyone knows of any confirmed wrecks, it would be great if you could post here. Of course, a photo would be most desired. Cars that died in fires, crashes, crushes, etc. are good candidates.

And while you’re at it, any other wild and crazy modifications that you know would also be appreciated. Good examples are: Turbo charged, electric, Grand Nationals, convertibles, limos (all of Rich W.’s cars), all the BTTF conversions, etc. Well, you get the idea.

Thanks,
    Thomas

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I can see this thread turning into the "faces of death" for DeLoreans. But like everyone else I'm just as curious to see what pops up.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    1710

My first DeLorean, VIN 10115 was deemed a total loss in 2003, and is now a parts car for another owner.

My VIN:    16409

I wonder how much money DMCH pays for VIN plates?!
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Yow. Close to mine, I'm #10715

Poor car...

My VIN:    Previous owner of VIN #3218

Purely Sentimental - #3218

Hey Guys -

I'm new to this forum and thought this thread would be a fitting place for my first post. I used to own VIN #3218 which was given to me by my grandfather with 3k miles on it, the car had been regularly serviced by Rob Grady. I lost the car in an accident in Long Island, NY in 1990 and then my grandfather a few years later.

Attached are a couple pics I recently found of the damage. I was curious what happened to her, whether she was stripped down for parts or even rebuilt so I pulled a carfax on the VIN yesterday. Here's what came back

CARFAX on SCEDT26T8BD003218 - Severe Damage
    06/09/1992 New York
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Melville, NY
    SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

NY privacy laws prevented me from getting any more info than that so I figured I would appeal to this forum. I would love to know where 3218 ended up (or pieces of her). The car had been regularly serviced by Rob Grady. I'm going to purchase another D sometime this year and for purely sentimental reasons would love to try and transplant something from my original car....if possible. If you guys had any thoughts on my recent obsession let me know.

All the best, Jason

DMC_accident_Exterior.jpgDMC_accident_Interior.jpgDMC_Amagansett.jpgCARFAX Vehicle History Report on SCEDT26T8BD003218.pdf
    J.Randall

I used to own a DeLorean! Sadly it was totaled in 1990, planning on getting another soon...
    VIN #3218 / AUG '81 / Grey Interior/ Automatic / Grooved No-flap

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi, Jason, and welcome!

"Salvage Title/Certificate Issued" may mean that it was bought for parts. That's all I know. But I am sure others will chime in with more later.

Good luck finding your new DeLorean! I think if mine is ever wrecked, I will probably keep a piece as a souvenir. I think the shifter knob would be a nice memento.

Best,
    Farrar Hudkins
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Jason,

Your VIN is one of the closest to mine I've ever seen. I'm 3205 which means they were probably built on the same shift! How cool is that? The only other close one was FLUXIN's VIN at 3196.

I have found all 3 previous owners of my car with some decent research time. I'd say keep googling and you'll eventually find it. Rob G may be able to point you in the right direction too.

I was looking at a DeLorean recently that was a salvage car. I contacted the owner from the mid nineties by googling his name and city from the title. He was quite excited to be talking about the car 20 years later and hearing about its current whereabouts/status.

Anything is possible, just keep at it. There are VIN lists on this forum and DeLorean Owners Directories (via the texas club) that may also be of some assistance.

Cheers and welcome.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by jerandall View Post
    I'm new to this forum and thought this thread would be a fitting place for my first post...
    hi jason, welcome to the forum.

sorry to hear about 03218, and good luck finding a new D!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Holy god, every appendage on my body went all shrunken-turtle at the sight of that first pic. I would NOT have wanted to be in that car!!!

Oh, and welcome
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast