FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Turn Signal and Headlight

My VIN:    4158

Turn Signal and Headlight

Allright, you guys have been really Bad A$$ in helping me so far with problems with my DMC12. I have two challenges I am facing now. So I'll give you the symptoms, and tell me what you think I should try next.

1) Turn signals: Right work just fine. Left rear won't come on, Driver side front does come on. It click like a bulb is out. So I yanked both rear boards cleaned them with electrical connector then added the really small bolts and nuts in the rivet holes to improve connection. Replaced all the bulbs, reinstalled, yet got the same results. No Drivers side return signal. Ideas?

2) Headlights: Only have highs. When I engage the switch only 3 come on. (Clearly need to replace one of the lows). So for me to drive at night, I engage the headlight switch, then flip the highs on and drive; if I have to.

Again, Thanks for all the help. I know these subjects have likely been covered before, but when I search the threads I have to open 643 threads.
    Daryl Felsberg
    www.darylfelsberg.com

My VIN:    16619

So there's a few ways to find the problem. Just for simplicity, just use an Ohm meter.

1. Disconnect Fuse #2, check resistance between Fuse 2 and Connection point to Light board.

2. Do the same with Fuse #14 to Head Lamps.

Ohm reading should be less than 1 ohm. If there is no value, it's disconnected, if it's a real number than it has poor connection.

Grounding should not be an issue(but doesn't mean can always check and clean GNDs for a better connection/less resistance), otherwise the Left side lights would not work and neither would High Beams, so can deduct that possibility.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by darylfelsberg View Post
    Allright, you guys have been really Bad A$$ in helping me so far with problems with my DMC12. I have two challenges I am facing now. So I'll give you the symptoms, and tell me what you think I should try next.

1) Turn signals: Right work just fine. Left rear won't come on, Driver side front does come on. It click like a bulb is out. So I yanked both rear boards cleaned them with electrical connector then added the really small bolts and nuts in the rivet holes to improve connection. Replaced all the bulbs, reinstalled, yet got the same results. No Drivers side return signal. Ideas?

2) Headlights: Only have highs. When I engage the switch only 3 come on. (Clearly need to replace one of the lows). So for me to drive at night, I engage the headlight switch, then flip the highs on and drive; if I have to.

Again, Thanks for all the help. I know these subjects have likely been covered before, but when I search the threads I have to open 643 threads.
    1) Get a 12V test light or multi-meter. Varify you have 12V (flashing) at the light board harness connector (GREEN/red) wire. If you have power there, it's the board, connection, bulb or socket. No power at the connector move to the BLACK bulkhead connector. Disconnect and test MALE pin that aligns with the (GREEN/red) wire terminal of the unplugged harness.

2) Does the Low (DIP) (GREEN indicator) light up with the Headlights switched to low? Also check fuse 14 (condition) and probe the terminals for 12V (headlights switched ON). That circuit is fed by the Dip beam relay.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Get a voltmeter and look for voltage at the plug for the rear tailight/turn signal. Make sure the ground also is good. Check for continuity on each filament on each headlight bulb. Sounds like all of the low beams are out and 1 of the highs.
    David Teitelbaum

Regarding the Headlights, Ok, Dave, I think that answers my next question: Which two are solely the low beams? My assumption is the two outer lights. Then the next question is; when the hi's are engaged, all four light up?

I'll check the board and connection, fuses again for the turn signal. Hopefully We can figure that out.
    Thanks.
    Daryl Felsberg
    www.darylfelsberg.com

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Yes, the outlets are the lows and the inners are the highs/brights. Yes, all 4 come on when you select "highs"
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Perfect. Thanks. What headlight bulb goes in? Is it the same for all four? Single filament or double?
    Daryl Felsberg
    www.darylfelsberg.com

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Highs- inside, single filament, two prongs.
    Lows- outside, two filaments, three prongs.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Surely they are sealed beams? i.e. you can't just replace the bulb, must get new fixture.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?30...ght=headlights

and don't call me Shirley
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 03-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"