FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

My VIN:    3937

Is there someone in the Dayton area that might want to organize a fundraiser car wash for this? I have seen high school sports teams do it to raise money as well as other clubs or groups going on trips somewhere or needing cash for equipment.

I would imagine there is a hose around back of the hotel somewhere or in a neighboring building or business. I know we are all really cautious of scratches and abuse to our cars, so maybe there is a self-serve option too?

Might be too late to get it organized, but at $10 a car or something like that, you could put a decent amount of money together in a short amount of time for a worthy cause. I can think of a few good causes right within our own car community that could benefit.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

REMINDER - for those who are CANCELLING ROOMS

I know Ken K. is extremely busy right now, so I thought I would post this "room" reminder in the DCS 2014 thread.

If you need to cancel a room reservation, please contact Ken K. first, either by email or by his cell number (preferred).
    Ken still has a few outstanding room requests and if you do not let Ken know when you cancel a room resrevation, the
    room will go back into the "general room pool" and not the "DCS room pool" (for Ken to be able to re-allocate, if needed).

Even if you cancel a room reservation and you tell the Marriott folks to release the room back to DCS, it does not always
    happen correctly, so it's best to contact Ken K. BEFORE you cancel a room reservation, so he can "watch for availability".
    So, if you have decided to share a room and you now have a room reservation freed up, please contact Ken K. first.

Thanks

My VIN:    1505

*Celebrity signatures extra anyone know how much?

I saw on the dcs website *Celebrity signatures extra Does anyone know how much they will be? I don't want to bug Ken by asking as I am sure he is busy enough.

thanks

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by wtbstuff View Post
    I saw on the dcs website *Celebrity signatures extra Does anyone know how much they will be? I don't want to bug Ken by asking as I am sure he is busy enough.

thanks
    Really???? Back in 2004, you just walked up and got one. Bummer ._.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by wtbstuff View Post

thanks
    IIRC, the extra cost may only apply to the folks without name-tags (the folks who only come for the car show on Saturday).

I believe this was the original intention, but as the weeks and months go by, there may have been some additional changes.

I am sure Ken K. will clear up any confusion during announcements Thursday night and someone can post the details here.

My VIN:    10480

Car wash

I'm working on something locally for car washes, with excellent references. Hang on !

My VIN:    4519

Room available

I'm tentatively joining another room, so I'll likely be cancelling my reservation (double, non-smoking.)

I'm first posting here in case someone needs to share a room and hasn't found a roomate, or needs a room of their own and wasn't able to get a reservation.

PM me if interested in either of the above.

As requested, I'll let Ken K. know in advance before I cancel.

My VIN:    1505

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    IIRC, the extra cost may only apply to the folks without name-tags (the folks who only come for the car show on Saturday).

I believe this was the original intention, but as the weeks and months go by, there may have been some additional changes.

I am sure Ken K. will clear up any confusion during announcements Thursday night and someone can post the details here.
    Thanks Rich looking forward to seeing you again. Jay

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

THE HOME STRETCH! #DCS2014 is less than one week away!! Remember to follow us on Twitter for updates and information during the show.

https://twitter.com/deloreancarshow

Instructions for people with not-so-smart phones (Feel free to copy this to other forums);

DCS will be updating Twitter throughout the weekend with the latest news, changes in schedule, pictures and answers to your questions. Here's how you do it:

If you are already on Twitter: text ‘follow deloreancarshow’ to 40404

If you NOT on Twitter:

You can sign up via your mobile phone: (standard text messaging rates apply!!)

1. Send a text message to 40404 with the word 'START'

2. Twitter will send you a reply and ask you to reply with the word 'SIGNUP' to create a new account. Send 'SIGNUP'.

3. Next, Twitter will ask you to pick a username. Your username must be unique and less than 15 characters. Reply with the username you want You will get a confirmation message when you pick a unique username (Twitter will tell you to pick a new name if someone else has the username you wanted) and may be prompted to pick a password..

4. Send a text message to 40404 with 'follow deloreancarshow'.

To ask a question or make a comment:

Send a text message to 40404 with @deloreancarshow + message + #DCS2014
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    THE HOME STRETCH! #DCS2014 is less than one week away!! Remember to follow us on Twitter for updates and information during the show.

https://twitter.com/deloreancarshow

Instructions for people with not-so-smart phones (Feel free to copy this to other forums);

DCS will be updating Twitter throughout the weekend with the latest news, changes in schedule, pictures and answers to your questions. Here's how you do it:

If you are already on Twitter: text ‘follow deloreancarshow’ to 40404

If you NOT on Twitter:

You can sign up via your mobile phone: (standard text messaging rates apply!!)

1. Send a text message to 40404 with the word 'START'

2. Twitter will send you a reply and ask you to reply with the word 'SIGNUP' to create a new account. Send 'SIGNUP'.

3. Next, Twitter will ask you to pick a username. Your username must be unique and less than 15 characters. Reply with the username you want You will get a confirmation message when you pick a unique username (Twitter will tell you to pick a new name if someone else has the username you wanted) and may be prompted to pick a password..

4. Send a text message to 40404 with 'follow deloreancarshow'.

To ask a question or make a comment:

Send a text message to 40404 with @deloreancarshow + message + #DCS2014
    Would someone consider reposting the text of these messages on the forum here for those of us not on Twitter?

I have a Smartphone that can receive texts or get online, but the cellular piece will get turned off upon crossing the border. Out of Country rates for data aren't exactly attractive for Canadian plans. I can use WiFi at places I stop, but won't do any data roaming on the way. Thanks in advance if someone could do this.

EDIT: I don't really have any idea what the format is for getting to the dinners or events or agenda I need to adhere to, so any help would be great. I assume I'll just figure it out when I get there, but wouldn't want to miss something for not knowing I needed to be there/hear a set of announcements. Cheers.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 06-06-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast