FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Any news on whether or not I-75 South, Exit 52 B will be open next month? My preferred route would be I-75 South, Exit 52 B, to Stewart.
    Then take Stewart East to S. Patterson Blvd, then take S. Patterson to River Park Drive, then River Park Drive to second parking lot entrance.

Although the route sounds simple enough, it can get more complicated, really fast, with a big diesel RV and a big, long trailer in tow.
    Dayton Construction UPDATE: Exit 52B (Stewart St) is not available traveling southbound on I-75. The only access is Edwin C Moses, which is Exit 51. There is no stop light at exit 51 when coming southbound, so if you have a trailer, I would recommend making a right turn off the exit, then another right onto Cincinnati , then right onto Stewart. Otherwise you will have to turn left yielding to oncoming traffic, which would prove challenging with a trailer.

Exit 52B (Stewart st) is open however if you are coming from the east or west from St Rt 35.

Northbound I75 should exit at 51 Edwin C Moses, it's an easy right turn at a light.

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Car Wash locations?

I'll be driving up from Florida after that the car should be pretty dirty. Any suggestions for car washes? Preferably in a neighborhood where I won't have to have an armed body guard. I looked on google but the street view showed some places where I don't think I'd like to travel
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I'll be driving up from Florida after that the car should be pretty dirty. Any suggestions for car washes? Preferably in a neighborhood where I won't have to have an armed body guard. I looked on google but the street view showed some places where I don't think I'd like to travel
    Here in Beavercreek: http://www.autobath.net/

Beavercreek is the home of "new money" so you'll be fine there.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Popp View Post
    Dayton Construction UPDATE: Exit 52B (Stewart St) is not available traveling southbound on I-75. The only access is Edwin C Moses, which is Exit 51. There is no stop light at exit 51 when coming southbound, so if you have a trailer, I would recommend making a right turn off the exit, then another right onto Cincinnati , then right onto Stewart. Otherwise you will have to turn left yielding to oncoming traffic, which would prove challenging with a trailer.

Exit 52B (Stewart st) is open however if you are coming from the east or west from St Rt 35.

Northbound I75 should exit at 51 Edwin C Moses, it's an easy right turn at a light.
    Thanks Jeremy.

This is exactly the type of information I needed to know before rolling into town on Wednesday afternoon (before rush hour?).

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post

How 'bout we go in groups, with Jeremiah rollin' heavy and clean more than just our cars if we run into any problems...

My VIN:    10480

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post

ROFL ! Dude, you obviously haven't seen my paycheck !

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SherryC View Post

ROFL ! Dude, you obviously haven't seen my paycheck !
    He didn't say a Lot of money, just "new".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    10480

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    He didn't say a Lot of money, just "new".
    Shhhhh!!! The ink is still drying!!! You weren't supposed to tell

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    WHEN and not if the rooms DO run out, anyone still needing a place to stay please note that I'm looking to recruit roommates to split the cost on a room (either keeping the one I already have reserved, or if you've also got one, I can always pass my reservation on to someone else who needs an entire room, and join yours.) Further details already left in the "I'm Registered" thread just below here...
    I'm now set up as a roommate in someone else's existing room reservation, so I will be letting my own hotel reservation go, as I no longer need it. Before I do, is there anyone out there who was unable to get a hotel reservation at all since it's filled up, who might like to take over mine? I will also be letting Ken K know directly, just in case he already has a wait list of hotel room seekers that he's working on ;-)

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

You have to travel at least 15 minutes in any direction to get to a nicer neighborhood really, these are the closest I could find:

South Dixie Auto Wash and Detail
    3985 S Dixie Dr
    Dayton, OH 45439

Four Seasons Car Wash
    5240 Cobblegate Dr
    Moraine, OH 45439

If coming from the south, I know there are 2 nicer ones at the Springboro/Franklin St Rt 73 Exit, but it's a good 20 minutes from the hotel. I would agree to the East, Beavercreek is nice, but there is probably something closer in Kettering not too bad if you google the area.

I'm not familiar coming from the west or north.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast