FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

Hello

Its been a while and as those of you that have been involved with me you know I have been real busy the past year.

I am now a grandfather and I am getting older and a bit slower. Time does catch up with all of us.

The DeLorean Car Show in Dayton in 2014 I am planning to be one of my best. For those of you that attended the Florida show you know that the list of guests was the best we have ever had. The room was packed with over 400 people every night.

Attendance wise this was the third highest show for attendance.

I would like to challenge all of you DeLorean owners to help me make Dayton the best attended show ever.

Besides the show I will be giving many of you an oppertunity to see things that you can see nowhere else in the world.

This show is based on transportation so we will be doing the Dayton Air Force Museum. Its a free event and will take all day Thursday. Even then you will probably not see everything its is so huge.

You will be seeing a private car collection that is really spectacular and Taj My Garage, A unique collection of Porsche and Volkswagons plus a few other cars.

The Packard Museum has and I hope its is on Display a Packard similar to the one in BTTF where Biff got out and George McFly decked him.

Remember John DeLorean got his start at Packard. We have had photos in the musuem of him at Packard.

We will be looking at trains, bikes and airplaines at Caroline Park where you will see an actual Wright Brothers airplane. There is a lot of history and entertainment built into this event and I believe it will be one of DCS's best ever.

We wuold like to see 200 cars at the event and going back over records there are over 200 existing Delorean owners that have attended past shows that are withing 600 miles so this is truely an achievable go.

So I ask you to go to the web page deloreancarshow.com

check out the dates and put aside the time to go to the show.

Again this is the last show I am doing so if you like what has been done before please don't miss this opportunity to make DCS history and I assure you that the entertainment value of this show is the best we have ever had.

The Marriott Hotel will take reservations starting around June 20th 2013.

Again I reserve rooms based on previous shows so the sooner you room register the better and it allows me to get more rooms if necessary.

Rooms got a bit hard to get if you recall in Florida. We sold out and it takes a lot of time to try to manage rooms and many ended up in outside hotels.

This can be avoided with early registration so sign up early.

Event registration will begin in October 2013

Remember DCS cancellation policy is that you can cancel up to the day before the event so you have no reason not to.

Hope to see you there.

Thank you for many years of support

Ken Koncelik

Senior Trustee

DeLorean Car Show Inc.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by kkoncelik View Post
    Hello

Besides the show I will be giving many of you an oppertunity to see things that you can see nowhere else in the world.

This show is based on transportation so we will be doing the Dayton Air Force Museum. Its a free event and will take all day Thursday. Even then you will probably not see everything its is so huge.

Looking forward to seeing SR71A #61-7976 at the Dayton Air Force Museum.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by kkoncelik View Post
    Hello

Its been a while and as those of you that have been involved with me you know I have been real busy the past year.

I am now a grandfather and I am getting older and a bit slower. Time does catch up with all of us.
    Note to Mods: This thread should be moved to DeLorean Events/Car Shows section from the How-To Guides section.

I guess Ken must be getting older if he is posting DCS Updates in the How-To section (LOL).

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Done. Thanks.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

We'll be there, looking forward to finally going to one of your shows Ken!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

On to OHIO!

Hope to make the drive from western Montana

My VIN:    16245

If you are an aviation fan, Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio is absolutely awesome.

Plan on spending a lot of time there.

Jeff
    PS - If you go.. notice the name on the bench right outside the museum. Each bench is names after a group or squadron if I remember right. (Been a while)
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

My VIN:    3299

I guess I can make the trip down the street .... gonna have to wake up like....half an hour earlier than normal .... so inconvenient .

I live nearly right across the street from Wright Patterson Area B where the AF Museum is located. No more than 2 minutes down the street and I can see the base. I have only been here a year, but if people here need some help finding local things or locations, just let me know. I like to explore a city; it helps me learn where everything is so if there are any requests, just let me know!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    I guess I can make the trip down the street .... gonna have to wake up like....half an hour earlier than normal .... so inconvenient .

I live nearly right across the street from Wright Patterson Area B where the AF Museum is located. No more than 2 minutes down the street and I can see the base. I have only been here a year, but if people here need some help finding local things or locations, just let me know. I like to explore a city; it helps me learn where everything is so if there are any requests, just let me know!
    The question you will get is "where is the car wash".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Car Wash idea?

Would it be possible to arrange ahead of time to reserve a car wash near the hotel? If we could promise them you'll have 200 deLoreans lining up out side your door. Best if someone local picked out the best one. Maybe free tickets to the show.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast