FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

name tags

Note to Ken K, is it possible to leave a space on our official name tags for hand writing our " DMCTALK handles" name? Would be great to put faces to the names.
    Another idea is to invite a machinist club to bring some small engines they've made and do some demos. I know a lot of guys would be keenly interested.
    How about inviting some companies that sell tools that would help up do repairs, to set up during the product show.
    I better shut up or i'll get assigned some duties.

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT [way to far out to be of much help]

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This will be the closest carshow yet to where I live in Cincinnati (~30min away), and by the time it rolls around I'm going to be living in Florida. Oh well... I'll still probably make the drive

My VIN:    3299

As the show gets closer Ken, let me know what I can do to help you. Heck, Jessica and I will probably both get involved to help!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

help Ken site

Good idea, Ken can use all the help he can get. Ken should set up a site where we can plug in to serve. Maybe even come a day early to help out, I'm in. If you've been to a DCS you know Ken pushes himself so hard he can't see straight, so let's all chip in make it the easiest one he's ever done.

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Note to Ken K, is it possible to leave a space on our official name tags for hand writing our " DMCTALK handles" name? Would be great to put faces to the names.
    I second this, for exactly the same reason. I have no idea what 90% of you guys look like, so it'll be nice to put faces to names. Also a spot to put our VIN numbers, so we know which DeLorean belongs to that guy we just bumped into. Other than the BTTF conversions, customs, body kits, and painted DeLoreans, I'm not sure I'd be able to pick theirs out in a crowd. Obviously there has to be enough space on the name tag for those of us that own more than one.

And if they're not already, can we make them lanyards? I'd love to keep mine once the event is over as a memento of sorts, reminding me that I was there. I don't think I'd be able to take off a sticker without ripping it.

Almost forgot, thanks a TON for organizing this Ken! I can't think of a single other DeLorean show that people from Europe, Australia, etc. all fly over to see. Can't wait to be there!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Last year Ken had a lanyard with your proper name and your forum name on it. Yes, it is a nice souvenir.

Honestly, I don't think you need the VIN. Unless you carry a cross referenced spreadsheet, its just too much to remember. It also makes it more difficult for Ken to organize. The cars on show all have the VIN and owners name displayed.

The only other DeLorean show is of course Eurofest in Dunmurry every 4 years where people come from all over the world.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    The only other DeLorean show is of course Eurofest in Dunmurry every 4 years where people come from all over the world.
    IIRC, Eurofest is every 5 years, at least the last 3 events in 2001, 2006 and 2011, during the main anniversary
    years for the 20th, 25th and 30th anniversaries of the DeLorean.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

True.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    06960

I realize it would be twice the work, but double-sided name badges would sure be nice. There is something about the printed side which always wants to rotate itself against the wearer's shirt. Then someone like me walks up to you and cannot remember your name despite talking to you last night. I suppose I could always blame the Long Islands.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    I realize it would be twice the work, but double-sided name badges would sure be nice. There is something about the printed side which always wants to rotate itself against the wearer's shirt. Then someone like me walks up to you and cannot remember your name despite talking to you last night. I suppose I could always blame the Long Islands.
    Jim, you are a genius !! Sounds like a great solution, even if it is just the name on a label, on the back of the badge, before it goes into the holder.

I am bad with names too, but I can usually remember more about the person's car than their actual name...a true gear-head, I guess.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast