FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

My VIN:    05141

I've been to 2 DCS shows, not bad for a European. My dream would be to ship my D from Belgium to attend the show and then back home. I might be crazy enough to do it but insurance, registration,.... never mind.
    I will pass for this one, I hope new DCS shows will come, and if I am still an owner then I will likely cross the big pond again to attend a show.

Surely I will miss it next year and my toughts will be there continousy during the show.
    The English installed a webcam during their shows, I'd like to see that on a DCS too..... Ken is that possible?

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    06357

It's getting official, Room is booked !

My VIN:    3299

The thread has now been "stickied" .

Jessica (my wife) and I will both be there - needless to say given that we live literally across the street from the AF museum.

This will be my 2nd show - 1st was in 2004 - so 10 years between shows. It will be a really fun time, and I cannot wait to attend!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Engine Swap Display?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    The thread has now been "stickied" .
    It's getting common enough that you guys should get with Ken and set up an engine swap display in one place. The ones I know of:

Jeremiah's (Eddie G) VW Engine
    Tom's Honda Engine
    Marc's Nissan Engine
    Nick's LS1 Engine
    Rich's Buick Turbo Engine
    (The late) Cliff's (Eddie G) Supra Engine
    A bevy of Premier/Diplomat 3.0 PRVs

Extra points for finding these - Lost - but seen at prior shows:
    (The late) Kyle's small block Chevy
    ACE Cadillac Northstar
    Jim W's Mazda 3-rotor
    The twin-engine Honda/Cadillac (builder's name escapes me)

Any others?
    I recall seeing an attempt at a small-block Ford but I'm not sure it was ever completed or running

Lots of engineering going on out there!
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    1800

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Extra points for finding these - Lost - but seen at prior shows:
    (The late) Kyle's small block Chevy
    Wait, what happened to Kyle? I just recently chatted with him on facebook about his swap.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessBullet View Post
    Wait, what happened to Kyle? I just recently chatted with him on facebook about his swap.
    My mistake. He's still out there.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3299

It's getting common enough that you guys should get with Ken and set up an engine swap display in one place. The ones I know of:

Jeremiah's (Eddie G) VW Engine
    Tom's Honda Engine
    Marc's Nissan Engine
    Nick's LS1 Engine
    Rich's Buick Turbo Engine
    (The late) Cliff's (Eddie G) Supra Engine
    A bevy of Premier/Diplomat 3.0 PRVs
    That is an outstanding idea! I am sure Nathan (Cliff's son) would be willing to bring 2JZ to the show, and we could get both of Eddie's creations side by side along with all the other engine swaps.

I'll pass that to Ken next time I see him. That would really be pretty cool !

I don't want to go too off topic, but regarding Kyle - if I recall correctly - wasn't there a stunt gone wrong and someone close to him was tragically killed? I hate to say it, but was it his wife? I can't remember for sure. Never heard from or saw him again anywhere on the internet after that occurred. His 350 small block at DCS 2004 was awesome. I was very "oooo...ahhhhhhhhh!!!" when I saw it. The emblems of Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and Corvettes he "shot down" on the rear driver's side engine window glass was always cool to see .
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Any others?
    Agreed. A few more:

Rick G.'s Twin Engine DeLorean (that Dave mentioned)
    The DeLotus Twin Turbo Lotus V8
    The "Pantera" DeLorean (recently rediscovered)
    The carbed Ford 351C engine swap

As another possible DCS 2014 car group, how about getting
    as many of the previous Raffle Car DeLoreans to attend?
    With this event being Ken's last official show and Ken made
    the raffles possible, it would be a fitting tribute to DCS to
    see a few of the Raffle Cars, all together, on display at DCS.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

I don't come here much any more.. But subscribed to this thread to get the email alerts.

As others have said, Ken is more of a "call me" than "email me" guy, and probably only comes on the forum to post updates.

DCS2012 was supposed to be my last show helping Ken, I was looking forward to 2014 so I could be a regular attendee. But (as Oliver said), things change. In this case, it was the unfortunate passing of Cliff. Because of that, I committed to helping Ken for his last show. It is likely I will again be doing all of the raffle tickets, badges, and registrations (Yes, I saw the notes about double sided badges, and will try and accommodate). And of course anything that is needed during the show.

So, with that, I will do my best to answer questions where I can.. But, Ken is the last say on everything.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

DCS 2014 update

Hello everyone

Well the registration has been up for about a week and a few of you have stumbled on it and registered so our trial is over and the site is ready for us to announce that DCS 2014 is open for event registration. Some of the daily events may still vary but the show is pretty much set now.

Guests are being added as they agree to come.

We will be spending time at this show going over the past 20 years of DCS. This has been an interesting journey from the first show where we were told only Outlaws and renegades would attend to the most highly attended DeLorean events ever.

This one again is set to be one of the biggest shows.

With that in mind I would like to first thank you all for helping this dream of mine come true.

The Marriott is limited in size but is centrally located to all the events we have planned. They have done a great job in getting us prepared for the final show.

We do have a space limitation and can only take in 500 guests per night for the evening events. With that said we have gone over this twice before so we are expecting a sellout.

Please register early to make sure you have a spot for this historic show and It also will allow me to better plan the event.

Also MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS. This event looks like it will be bigger than we had thought in 2011 when we began looking at sites to hold the event.

Make sure you get a room. Hotel reservations are being taken now. It costs you nothing to reserve. You can cancel up to the day before with no cost and it assures you that you will be in the center of all the action.

Go to www.deloreancarshow.com for both room and event registrations.

This upcoming week is Thanksgiving and a great time to register.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope to see you all in Dayton.

Remember this is your show. And its your final show from me.

Jason will update you on his plans of taking over at the show so we look forward to seeing you there

Ken Koncelik

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast