FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by topcop66 View Post
    The driving tour on Friday....question....is it going to be a "group ride", as in arriving and departing at specific times, or is it just a drive on your own kinda thing? Thinking that with all there is to see and do this day, it would make more sense to do self-guided tours/arrive and leave when you want.
    The way it is stated on the website it sounded more like a "driving tour" as in a group ride.
    Most DCS driving tours are self guided. In the past, Ken has provided written instructions and audio.. Although, we have not had the audio in a few years! (Thankfully, because I did a lot of those tape copies)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6298 View Post
    Does anyone know how the raffle car gets funded? With 300 tickets, that's only 15K and I imagine someone is putting up a lot of cash in advance for the car, buying parts, and doing a lot of work.
    600 tickets will be sold. The show does not make a large profit from the raffle, the intent was to use it to generate publicity for the show. A nice side effect is that early ticket sales gives Ken some cash he needs up front to pay for deposits and such. It does generate some income, but the show is registered as a non-profit so all of that money goes back in to the show. All of us that "work" for the show are unpaid volunteers.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Does anyone know how the raffle car gets funded? With 300 tickets, that's only 15K and I imagine someone is putting up a lot of cash in advance for the car, buying parts, and doing a lot of work.
    Some additional clarification on the DCS Raffle Car, at least from a partial Historical perspective.

Ken K. usually selects DeLoreans that are "diamonds in the rough" for the DCS Raffle Cars, with most of the cars having been stored for some time.
    These cars usually require more labor than parts to get running and streetable again, and this is where the value of the cars increase dramatically
    as the cars are worked on primarily by a volunteer work-force (for the good of DCS) and some of the needed parts are donated by some vendors.

Dave Swingle and myself helped bring the 2004 DCS Raffle Car out of its long term storage condition about a decade ago (Winter 2003/2004) and
    I recall Dave Baurle (and his DeLorean repair shop) did some work on this car before the final delivery of the first Raffle Car after DCS 2004.

Like all DeLoreans, each of the DCS Raffle Cars have had a different story and history, and many individuals have donated their time and expertise
    to make the DCS Raffle Cars into very good "daily driver ready" DeLoreans. The DCS "Raffle Car" has helped make the DCS Event what it is today.
    Last edited by Rich W; 12-10-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

My VIN:    6298

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    the cars are worked on primarily by a volunteer work-force (for the good of DCS) and some of the needed parts are donated by some vendors.
    DCS is a pretty remarkable feat. After reading the whole website, I can tell a lot of people have contributed a LOT to make this tradition happen.

I bought a ticket yesterday. I just hope my car will be in the right condition to make the 900 mile drive by then.

DCS is a pretty remarkable feat. After reading the whole website, I can tell a lot of people have contributed a LOT to make this tradition happen.
    I hope the new "gang" can continue the tradition..
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

DCS update

Just an update

The web page is still on Cliffs server and we have been getting some e-mails back that its a bit slow.

When you click on more information on the items in the store it may be slow to come up. We are working on it but its not our system and Cliff is not there to help us.

On the good side we are way ahead of registrations from any other show we have done. Remember this show does have a limit of 500 which would make it almost

about the size of Gettysburg.

Please bring your car we would like to see 200 Deloreans at this one and we do have them in the area. If we get to 150 I will contact the Guinness book of world records and try to get us listed But we need to beat Gettysburg 154 I believe.

Once the registration goes to zero that is it the show is sold out. We may not have a walk in registration at the show so please register early to make sure you have a place. We will be adding guests and events as we go and you may not want to miss this one.

Raffle tickets are almost double what they had been in the past at this time so again if you are waiting again for May you just may be too late.

the last two cars have sold out by early May. This one will definitely go sooner based on the purchase rate so far.

Hotel

If you try to get a room outside the normal three days you may get a not available notice back. Just call the hotel and ask for Robert Ogles he will add the rooms to the night you want. The same will happen if you order a bed style they don't have. It does not mean you are not going to get a room. This is typical for hotel systems as inconvenient as it is. So far we are a bit over 50% booked again way ahead of all shows but Memphis at this point which sold out in a few days.

Again we will sell out.

Marc is also right on the raffle car. Most of them are cars stored and just waiting to come back. This years car is now running and has already been worked on by Dave Bauerle.
    I am doing brakes, brake lines and cosmetics now. The car is going to be a real good runner as we got it working in literally a few days. But we do refurbish the cars and ALL prior raffle cars are still on the road today. The cars are in good working condition and many of them I use prior to the show for parades and driving tours at various group events.
    They are totally drivable and in good working condition.

The driving tour this time is not very long so you will not need a tape.
    However if you don't drive we have a bus.
    the driving tour costs include the cost of admission to all the venues and help pay for the bus.
    I encourage you all to take the tour since what you will see is very rare and its worth the time to do it.

Thank you for your great support. Remember this is your show.

Ken

driving tour

One of the questions is does it make more sense to drive or to take the bus.
    I don't think it will matter much
    the bus will come around approximately every half hour or so.
    It will start out at the Packard Museum and Taj Ma Garag (pending on contract)
    You can walk between these two and parking is limited. They are a mile or so from the Hotel and about two bocks from each other.
    The Caroline park is walking distance from the hotel but a bit of a hike so I do suggest the bus. This is where you go once you finish the first two places
    The bus will start dropping off at these first then go to Caroline park, Blad Muscle cars (about 5 min drive) and a private collection ( about 5 min drive).
    Of all the places Caroline park will take the longest ( about 3 hours if you do all the things) and will probably be the last stop.

Busses at the beginning and end will probably run about 20 minutes apart. We actually will be using one bus.

Hope this answers the question

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

When I posted on the registered thread, I stole the thunder of Ken's post so let's put this one back on top.
    Kirk

Raffle Ticket sales hit new record

The wonders of Facebook. Thanks to a post by James the raffle car ticket sales took off shortly after noon yesterday. By midnight we had sold 100 tickets on 64 transactions and the rush was such that in the first half hour or so after his post we were so loaded that the web page was running very slow.
    We did not crash however and we processed a lot of tickets sales In that first hour.

Raffle ticket sales are almost quadruple what they have been up to this point on past raffles cars so don't expect the tickets to last much longer.
    In the past it took to May to sell out and I am sure we will be way way before this. Two more days like yesterday and that will about do it so if you want a ticket get one soon.

And for all of you have a Happy New Year

thanks for your support

Ken

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Hi Ken, (or Marc)

A quick question regarding the Registration "items" counter.

A friend of mine just registered himself and his family recently, and he mentioned this question about the Registration "items" counter,
    since he had to basically go through Registration twice (total of Five attending), with four the first time and one the second time.

Each time he registered, the counter only went down by one, regardless if there was four registered at one time or just one at a time.
    So, the question is "Does the item counter mean anything regarding the actual number of individuals registered?" Is it just a counter?

I know you and your crew are monitoring all registrations, so that is not an issue, however, if the actual available registrations are less
    than the number on the "item" counter, it might be good to let folks know Registration may close Before the item counter reaches Zero.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

It makes it less of a marketing tool, but the registration counter was done based on an estimate. It is a shortcoming of the software since the registration is the "item", and the other things (which meals, extra people, etc..) are options on that item.

Because of that, I think Ken started the counter at 250.. Assuming (on average) 2 people per registration. As the number of available registrations approach zero, we will manually count the number of actual people registered and update that number in the store. We are at 184 right now, so there are still spots left.

However, the count for the raffle tickets *IS* accurate. There are about 280 tickets left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hi Ken, (or Marc)

A quick question regarding the Registration "items" counter.

A friend of mine just registered himself and his family recently, and he mentioned this question about the Registration "items" counter,
    since he had to basically go through Registration twice (total of Five attending), with four the first time and one the second time.

Each time he registered, the counter only went down by one, regardless if there was four registered at one time or just one at a time.
    So, the question is "Does the item counter mean anything regarding the actual number of individuals registered?" Is it just a counter?

I know you and your crew are monitoring all registrations, so that is not an issue, however, if the actual available registrations are less
    than the number on the "item" counter, it might be good to let folks know Registration may close Before the item counter reaches Zero.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast