FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DCS 2014 Guest List Update

Edited down version of Ken K.'s most recent DML Post (including the Guest Updates Only):

Nick Sutton, England DMC

Chris Nicholson England (PJ Grady UK)

Chris Duvall DMC USA

Jeff Synor DMC USA

Craig Haglin from out west DMC USA (more details below)

Dixon Hollenshead (maybe, if health OK) DMC CORPORATE

John Belaus DMC USA

Another guest speaker also TBA later Delorean related from south area DMC CORPORATE

Bob Brandys putting on a Delorean Show in Vegas

A few tech sessions on Sat that we are still working on.

Tribute to Cliff one of the most dedicated Delorean owners we have had
    and Me finally getting up and discussing the car and the show.

Ken

Below is the latest guest that will be added and he is from DMC USA

From Craig Haglin

Ken,
    I was in the group that organized the QAC for Dick Brown. We worked with Doyle Potter ,Service Manager for Delorean, purchasing tools, setting up the Ex- Chrysler reconditioning center in suburb north of the Irvine Parts/Headquarters for Delorean. As we started it we set up a parts department, a repair area for bodywork and a mechanical repair area with lifts and special tools required to reconstruct the first few load of cars. No one knew how long it would really last but we were able to hire over 50 employees within one week and organize the facility and train the workers on the corrections required before the cars came in.

The day the ship arrived with the first load of vehicles a few of us were invited to look them over. I have pictures of the cars in the holds of the ship. Showing doors ajar because of broken latches and wipers sticking up showing the GM supplied batteries were dead and needed to be jumped. I am 6'1" and had to walk in with only 5' high ceilings.

After the beginning of the QAC I resumed my duties in the Denver,including preparing and shipping the first Delorean in Colorado to the Ital design conference in Aspen Colorado shipping the car in the belly of a DC10 to Denver and followed it up to Aspen to have Mr. Gigiarro (Deloren designer) and Mr. Farinni (Ferrarri and Fiat Designer) look over the car on the green with about 50 other Italian examples. It was parked in John Denver's Hanger over night and trucked back down to Denver on Monday to be sold to the than 100 plus people in line to have a "HOT" new Delorean.

This is a little of what I can talk about. If you have a specific area you want to concentrate on let me know.

I was also the first mechanic in the US to convert an automatic to a five speed Delorean. I ran my own repair facility in Boulder CO where I had people from 6 states bringing their cars to me.

My VIN:    10442

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Facebook: 2014 DeLorean Car Show & Convention

Just sharing a link to this Event on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/172401329635393/

I just signed-up for it...

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Update from Ken (cross-posted from DML) More DCS Facts and Trivia

Update from Ken K. (as of last Friday) cross-posted from the DML:

Hi

Here are a few more facts and trivia. {We will grade you at the end :-) }

1. The raffle car sold out faster than any other raffle car. Too bad I can't do a second one.
    2. This is for Josh Q who has been relentless in getting people to event register Ohio 61 registered, Illinois 43
    Ohio now has the most registered to the show with Pennsylvania in third.
    3. I was a little off when I said that was it for guests as three more found us. This makes this show the largest
    guest group ever. (Looks like I need a good raffle to pay for it all LOL). I think we are at 21 if everyone makes it.
    4. This will be the largest tented area I will have ever had and that will be over 15,000 sq ft. Almost the size of the
    convention center in Chicago plus the convention room. However it ranks 5th overall Behind Gettysburg, Pigeon
    forge, Cleveland on the docks, Memphis on the Faded Asphalt.
    5. Trivia How many of you remember the Faded Asphalt and where it came from and who came up with the pin.
    DCO are not eligible for this answer as they know.
    6. And this will be most cars on Faded Asphalt. Since its a tent many of the other larger shows were in convention
    centers.
    7. Trivia. At which show did I begin to make Pins And does anyone have all of them.
    8. What are the odd cars I have had at the show.
    9. Which show had the most Non Deloreans.
    10 At which shows was the Monster truck at.
    11. Which shows had Proto 1
    12 Which shows had the Tellis Carrier.
    13 Who was my first Guest Speaker at Cincinnati ( I don't remember this one so this may be interesting)
    Hint: Linda Porter, Stephen Wynne, Don Steger, Dave Bauerle Name the part), Aldo Buono, and a few more.
    14 Which show had the most BTTF cars and who's were they.
    15 Which shows did Curtis attend. (Who's Curtis for those that do not Know)
    16 Which raffle car, cars did not sell out by the time of the show.
    17 How many automatics and how many manuals did we give away
    18 How many cars including the one we will give away have we raffled.
    19 What color shorts do I usually wear
    20 How many DeLoreans did I own (I don't know that answer either LOL have to look it up)
    21 Which show had Cat woman.

Ok that is just for starters

Hotel rooms.
    Thanks to you all I have met my quota of room nights. Bad news we have enough for about 32 more people (that's 32 people times the 3 nights or approximate room nights not including the book end nights.

There are 84 more registrations and dropping fast. Two weeks ago I think I published we had 120 or so. They are going at a rate of 17-20 per week so if I do the math we have 4 weeks and we could be full up. DUE TO FIRE CODE I CANNOT GO OVER 500.

I do want to thank all since this year the cash came in very nice and for once I did not have to front the show.
    That is also a first for the show.

Ok that should give you something to digest and it will be interesting if people can respond to the questions and trivia above. I will give you more next time.

I have enjoyed doing this show for you over the years and I hope you take out of it as much as I put into it.

Again thank you
    this is your show
    without you there is no show.

Ken

Update from Ken K., posted to DML on March 31

Update from Ken K. from a few days ago, posted to DML on March 31

Well the raffle car is going to leave me for a few weeks and I am going to have Jerimiah drive it around Dayton area
    and check it out and build up the show locally.
    Car runs great and we want to make sure its in top shape for the new owner come June

Again the Raffle Tickets are all Sold Out and thanks to all of you that participated.

OK
    Event registrations are going fast as well.
    We have slowed down a bit now that there are no more raffle tickets but we have picked up a few more on stage guests
    Yes they keep on coming

If you liked Gettysburg and Orlando the two that I think had the best on stage value then you are going to love this one.

We are down to 75 registrations left and I sent out a notice about a week ago where I had roughly 40 of you that had rooms
    and had not event registered yet. So that leaves about 35 reservations left if I do my math correctly.

That is not much. Again we anticipate a sellout and we are limited to 500 for the dinner which will put us at the second most
    people at an evening event and real close to Gettysburg so this will be one of the biggest shows we have ever done. However
    it does look like we may beat the overall number of people since Friday and Saturday have almost an even split of people
    coming for one night.

So far we are bigger than Vegas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Lexington, and Memphis. We are about the size of Pigeon Forge and
    getting Close to Chicago and Gettysburg.

We need cars lots and lots of cars. It would be nice to see 200 DeLoreans at the show. So far it looks like there are already
    125 coming so this early on 200 is achievable.
    So please help make this final show one we all will remember (and I will probably will want to forget with all the work :-) )

Room reservations are getting tighter. If you call or go online and book one of the bookend nights like Tuesday or Wed and/or
    leave Monday and they tell you they are out of rooms don't panic just e-mail me or ask for Bobby at the Hotel and we can move
    around some rooms for you. I only restock 5 rooms at a time so if we get a rush or multiple rooms they can be temporarily gone.

WARNING
    Just like the raffle tickets once they are gone they are gone and we do predict a sellout for at least Saturday night
    and probably Friday night.

FUN FACT

One of our guests is a Girl from Russia.
    Bet she wins farthest traveled.
    She is bringing her son who is a DeLorean and a BTTF fan with her.
    She had gained notoriety in Russia for her sons obsession with the DeLorean and she is making the trip to be here with us.
    So lets all make sure we welcome them.

We also have a Challenge team from the Fairfield Choiral who will be performing a full stage production for us.
    This competition is limited to 20 minutes and this particular performance is 17 minutes. It will be Saturday Afternoon and
    I hope you all take advantage of what these 50 participants do.

OK
    Looks like I will be winding down registrations some time in the Future before the show so hopefully I can spend more time
    with you all at the show.

Thanks to all the vendors for their help
    and thanks to all that have contributed over the years I could not have done it without your help as well

I am going to miss Cliff this year its the one part of the show that will definitely be different for me.

Ken

My VIN:    03572

My directions

I looked on Google maps for the trip to DCS. Looks like US-50 via West Virginia is better (no tolls). 554 miles so I booked a room in Parkersburg WV to break up the drive and not be tired on Thursday. Have not decided if I will hit the open house on the way back Sunday. If so I will book a room more north for the trip back.

If US-50 is not a good idea, let me know.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Update for dcs 2014

The rooms are getting scarce as we are down to the last set in the block so if you need a room I suggest you get moving.
    We have been very fortunate in that the rooms have gone fairly equally in terms of doubles and kings and the suites and the hotel has varied the request to accommodate the kings. We had sold out but they took rooms not in our block and added them so we actually got a few more rooms since we are selling out so well.
    Again this is not last call for rooms but its getting close.

Event registration we are down to 63 registrations It was only I think a month ago we were at 100. The pace for registrations has picked up a little. We have been at about 10 a week and now we are doing about 14-15 per week. Based on that by Mid to end of May or earlier we will be sold out.

Again thank you for making this a very successful event and we appreciate your support.

Ken

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by kkoncelik View Post
    The rooms are getting scarce as we are down to the last set in the block so if you need a room I suggest you get moving.
    We have been very fortunate in that the rooms have gone fairly equally in terms of doubles and kings and the suites and the hotel has varied the request to accommodate the kings. We had sold out but they took rooms not in our block and added them so we actually got a few more rooms since we are selling out so well.
    Again this is not last call for rooms but its getting close.

Event registration we are down to 63 registrations It was only I think a month ago we were at 100. The pace for registrations has picked up a little. We have been at about 10 a week and now we are doing about 14-15 per week. Based on that by Mid to end of May or earlier we will be sold out.

Again thank you for making this a very successful event and we appreciate your support.

Ken

WHEN and not if the rooms DO run out, anyone still needing a place to stay please note that I'm looking to recruit roommates to split the cost on a room (either keeping the one I already have reserved, or if you've also got one, I can always pass my reservation on to someone else who needs an entire room, and join yours.) Further details already left in the "I'm Registered" thread just below here...

Update from Ken K. -- re-posted from DML (April 6)

Update from Ken K. -- re-posted from DML (April 6)

Hi

We are getting close to being out of rooms on Friday and Saturday night.
    Both of these nights are filling fairly evenly so its hard to say which one will sell out first.
    The same for the show registrations.

We now have 21 guests, more than at any other show so yes this will be fairly long evenings but this is the final DCS
    and we will go out with what we hope is one of the most informative and varied shows ever. There should be something
    for everyone. And remember I do not glue you to your seat you can get up and walk around.
    I am still working on getting George Crane back. He by far has been the most passionate and emotional speaker we had.
    He was in Memphis.

As far as I know we have had one possible change in our schedule. We planned to do Blad Boys as one of our stops but
    we recently tried to get in touch with them and we think they changed buildings so this may change. There still is plenty
    to do and in retrospect we may have crammed too much in one day anyway so I think the time will be better spent at
    Carroline Parl You can actually walk from the park to the hotel in 5 minutes so its that close.

Again we are down to 63 registrations and they are moving at a rate now of 14-15 per week so that leaves us about a
    month left until we sell out. Things can change but its been at 10 per week and now its picking up so if you want to
    attend now is the time to register.

Again thanks and I look forward to doing this last show with you.

Also I talked at length with Jason on taking over the car show and I think he has pretty much the same idea I had for him
    when he said he would take it over.

I have heard people saying they did not know how the show would work after I am done with it and remember I started
    with just a two night show and basically local vendors as guests and it has grown as it is today. We had a dinner at
    Montgomery inn with a raffle and Rob Grady and Saturday we had an open car show outside and a cramped dinner with
    some people in the back room because we ran short of space. Its unfair to assume Jason can just pick it up where I left off.
    He is doing what I had hoped and how I got started and going back to basics. From what we have talked I think you will all
    enjoy it and contrary to belief he does plan to spread the show around a bit but at this point not as far as I have gone.
    The Midwest always gets the best response so thank all of you that attend to make that happen. The east coast and the
    DCO in Cleveland (Mike and Patty)got me started and they still have maybe the major presence as far as groups are concerned.

Jason will tell us of his vision at the show and I think the new start will be welcomed.
    He now has his own following in Indianapolis. You all gave me a chance and I thank you.
    I had some pretty tough competition going in and all I can do is say thank you for supporting me and my friends and family
    on this adventure. But its time for me to step down and let the show go another direction.

Ken

DCS Registration update - April 16

Recent update from Ken K. (keeping all the updates together)

Hello

Its now less than two months to go to the Final DCS

We again have a fun fact that as of now 47% of those registered are new attendees.
    This trend has been with us since the second show so no surprise.

Hotel

We have sold a lot of rooms and as of now we have been granted an increase in room nights so about 50 rooms remain for each night.
    But there are a number of you about 40, that have event registrations and not rooms (not including locals)
    This is the rest of the Hotel so when they are gone there are no more rooms.

Event Registration.

On April 7 we posted on Facebook that we had 63 reservations left
    as of today we had only 40 so at this rate we have probably 3 weeks left.

Good luck and see you at the show

Ken

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast