FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 5992 Trip to Greece, Restoration and Speculations

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    I'm impressed
    TBH.... So am I!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    RH fender finished...
    The "SIMid Vid" way but with faster and longer strokes
    Before

after
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, good job! Looks great! Much easier than on the car.

Just a tip, when you assemble all the panels back onto the pontoon, you will have to regrain across the joins to blend in the grain. Or else, it will look like separate finishes on each panel. eg. Like the T-Panel and roof of the doors.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nice job.

And Simon's method makes the grass grow greener and fills in bald spots. It's a miracle method.

Keep up the good work
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Wow, good job! Looks great! Much easier than on the car.

Just a tip, when you assemble all the panels back onto the pontoon, you will have to regrain across the joins to blend in the grain. Or else, it will look like separate finishes on each panel. eg. Like the T-Panel and roof of the doors.
    Point taken. Than you Sensei.

BTW The 120 grit paper leaves behind smoother grooves than the original texture of the Delorean panels. That creates a better shine and less error movements are visible.
    I would never recommend anyone to use 60 or 80 grit for finishing with bare hand! It is IMPOSSIBLE to create perfect movements for a smooth looking texture.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    I would never recommend anyone to use 60 or 80 grit for finishing with bare hand! It is IMPOSSIBLE to create perfect movements for a smooth looking texture.
    Looking at the 80 Grit I had, it was so coarse that I would not even try to attempt to use it. The only time I would think that you would use it is to pull out very deep scratches quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Looking at the 80 Grit I had, it was so coarse that I would not even try to attempt to use it. The only time I would think that you would use it is to pull out very deep scratches quickly.
    I know what you are saying..but it all comes down to pressure.
    If you were to run it with the wolfhead that barely scratches the surface...
    I used a sponge between my hand and the sand paper, and made fast long strokes from end to end to have lines run across the panel
    check his image out of the T-panel
    On the left you see the finished sample.. The right is undone

Notice how vivid the lines are on the right.

Don't get me wrong, I like the 120 outcome better. More shine! Easier to work with by hand.

To take out deep scratches.. I used the 60 grit, then 80 and finish passes on 120! hehehe

My grain came out a little more defined.

Maybe it's the sandpaper we are using that are not stating exactly what the grit is?! I have bought cheap sandpaper from one of the those $2 shops, and some of the grit doesn't look/feel much different from the number printed on between them.

Almost a year after the frame body separation, those two were finally joined again. On a task much simpler than the initial separation was.

Not just that, but it got to stand on its own 4 wheels!

Front suspension at its best ..

So was the fuel distributor get a few components attached to

And the spool was transformed

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Wow, that looks great Alex!!!!!!!

Lots of hard work put into this car, it is going to be quite the example.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

F me, Alex, that suspension looks gorgeous
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast