FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans around the WORLD, PHOTO ALBUM

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

DeLoreans around the WORLD, PHOTO ALBUM

Upon a simple request of member Chris Burns to take a shot of my D in front of the acropolis, an idea was born.

Take a shot of YOUR DELOREAN having included a landmark in the image. As member Spittybug added, the images should have a common layout to be used further on, in a slideshow video on line.

As my D is not in yet, I can only use an image of another member to give you the angle and layout of the image.

Taken from the front left side with open doors and the landmark included.

the sample image below is not including a landmark but is depicting the exact car position.

Let it roll guys
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Maybe a quick poll on from what angle to standardize from? Do we think the front or the rear of the car is more "iconic"? I think driver's side is appropriate to get the steering wheel, etc. I like the "looking up" at the car angle (which also makes it easier to get landmarks in the background.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    3028

I think the front view you propose is good, but a back shot is also good showing those iconic rear lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Upon a simple request of member Chris Burns to take a shot of my D in front of the acropolis, an idea was born.
    I am Chris, Chris I am.

Of course if Dr Seuss isn't popular in Greece then that was a wasted comment.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Speaking as a somewhat novice photobug, I would submit that you frame your car around the background, not background around car. Examples being that sometimes the background defines the shot, and a 3/4 shot may not work with a linear backdrop. What if you were shooting against the Cape, a Saturn V rocket on it's side might warrant a profile of the DeLorean. A lot of times, a partial shot of the car works better than the tired "staged" 3/4 shot that fills the internets.

Examples: This shot shows how just a section of the car can work...but I have not yet photoshopped the background out.

Here is one in which the "historic landmark" is lower than the car, so a common theme of looking up would not work

And here is one in which I had to work with very low and bright light, Normally(like getting a photo opp like this is normal), but I would go with the front of the aircraft, but the sun would be right in the lens making the shot too dark even with the lens stopped down, so I positioned my car in the best position for the background's sake, so the front Driver's side 3/4 shot would not look right.

And finally here I think a head on shot works with the background:

I think it's a great idea, but a little artistic license should be expected for the shot layout. As long as the viewer can see a DeLorean in front of the landmark, let the photographer decide the best composition.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-09-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Maybe a quick poll on from what angle to standardize from? Do we think the front or the rear of the car is more "iconic"? I think driver's side is appropriate to get the steering wheel, etc. I like the "looking up" at the car angle (which also makes it easier to get landmarks in the background.
    Ok Owen..
    Hit us with that Poll and let the Mods / Admins clear this thread to the start finalizing the details.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I don't have time or money to go back and re-take shots but here is a link to some of the landmarks my car has visited.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Oh come on!

What are you doing this weekend???

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    I don't have time or money to go back and re-take shots but here is a link to some of the landmarks my car has visited.
    Those are just great captures!!!
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    891, 1045

I'm going to cheat here as my D's were on the wrong continent...but I rode in one of these and got to spend the weekend with the DMC club of Germany:

Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart Germany:

Porsche Museum in Stuttgart Germany:

-James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast