FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: DeLoreans around the WORLD, PHOTO ALBUM

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    How is your turning? Any complaints?
    Only issue I've discovered is the front tires do rub a little when doing a sharp turn while going over a slight hump. Otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    Timebender, Your signature says that you have a late 1981 D. (VIN 7000), Yet, your pictures show a gas flap hood and a right front fender mounted antennae. (I won't ask about the spoiler or out of Calif state license plate)...
    I'm guessing that your antennae has to do with the engine swap and limited room in the engine bay for a OEM late model one. What's the story with the Gas Flap Hood?

I Love the truss bridge pics with your car! Pictures of New things, (Granted a DeLorean Isn't New anymore), with Old things are something I Love seeing.
    (Maybe I need to drive my D down some of the Old dirt roads around me and get some, ((Tasteful)), pictures of it around some of the 100++ year old graveyards here).?

George
    Good question. I'm trying to get more info about what the OO did, as the PO bought it already modded - he had really no info on the first owner since he had owned it for over 20 years and was too old to remember much. I do know the first owner did all the mods and showed it a lot - it has the Designed by Giugiaro emblems on both doors, and even SS squares glued onto the rear facia over the plastic ones. My guess is he wanted a gas flap hood (WIN for me!), and did the antennae fender as well. I need to register it here, as he had it registered in South Dakota. I did send a PM to James at DMCH but haven't heard back yet.

The bridge is great - I've been wanting to get a pic of the D going down the road as a Model A (there are a lot of old cars cruising around Jamul on a weekend) is going in the opposite direction, black and white, and some at the Campo train station - kind of a time travel series. With all the country roads out here there's some great photo ops.

I'd look for anything less spooky like old barns, etc.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Some late 81s came with the right front fender mount antennae. Apparently the factory ran out of the power rear and in efforts to keep assembly going just used the phased out front fixed for a while. I've seen quite a few that way.

Interesting. I'd rather have the back one as getting a car cover on with the antenna is a pain.

My VIN:    10003

go home !!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5151

Tanks, Wall and now DeLorean.

For Europeans it's kind of obvious. For Americans might be little more difficult to figure out.

IMG-9333.jpg

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    For Europeans it's kind of obvious. For Americans might be little more difficult to figure out.

IMG-9333.jpg
    Brandenburg gate. Berlin Germany.
    I'm American never been there but I know history.😀

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say. Pretty sure Americans have more to do with the gate than most Europeans.
    771089.jpg
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    5151

Sorry guys, on different note, my other classic vehicle. D-day celebration.
    GMC-06.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6