FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DeLorean Motor Company Midwest Open House 6-15-13

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Nice write up Alex, wish I could have been there. Montana is a ways away. I remember convoying with that candy apple red twin turbo on the way to DOA '91 in Vegas. Still owned by Guy Avalon?

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT.

Yes, Guy Avalon still owns it. He just recently took it out of moth balls after many years of hibernation.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16867

Guy's DMC

I was another of the folks who caravanned out to the '91 gathering in Vegas. Along with Bruce, Paul, several others, it was a great trip - I joined it in Colorado. We all remember Guy's twin tubo'd red D. We also remember that he ran out of gas in the most inopportune place - - but all is well that ends well. Touring with other D owners is probably the most exciting and rewarding thing one can do - - at least in a Delorean!!!

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the DMCMW event, bit at least my DeLorean did.

Dick Ryan
    Vin 16867

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by delornut View Post
    Alex, nice write up. I had my car for sale here last month but after attending the open house and renewing old friendships as well as making a few new ones my enthusiasm returned and I took it off the market. Holding the flashlight while you, Jim, Steve and Dennis tried to out run the rain in the late night parking lot install of Steve's new steering rack helped to make me realize that, as you said, it becomes much more than just the car. I've had this car for 32 years and I'd spend the rest of my life feeling something was missing if I sold it. The fact you jumped on a plane and flew from LA for this is exactly what I mean by the enthusiasm this car brings out in people.

Bruce Benson
    Hi Bruce!

I'm sorry that I completely spaced on remembering you were there in the parking lot, too. I swear, that tactical flashlight you had could've signaled astronauts in space! I updated my blog and put you in there for the tech session. Thanks for the help that night and it doesn't surprise me that you had a change of heart in selling your car. It seems like I'll own things but you know, even when you buy it, that you'll get rid of it someday. I've never had that feeling with my car. Unless things drastically change for one reason or another, I'd anticipate this will be something I'll be interested in for a loooooong time.

I'm not sure exactly what it is with the car, but it can be very dangerous in the sense of how it can really grab ahold of you. The history, the story, the stainless construction, owning a significant piece of automotive history, how 'personal' your VIN is and how it can tell a story just by its number, etc. It's like your car has had an incredibly traceable life. I think there are a ton of factors involved and hopefully owners have a lot of time and money because it'll grab you! But being a part of such a great ownership group makes ownership that much more fun.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Dave, it was great seeing the new place...even if it was only for 5 minutes. Thanks for showing me around. Looks like you had a great turn out.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

On my "better late than never" theme of the week, I got a few photos recently that my older brother took at the DMC Midwest Open House.

To my knowledge, he was one of the only people who took a few photos from the roof (Mike from DMC Midwest let him up on the roof) and
    to my knowledge, he was one of the few folks taking photos with traditional 35mm film (he probably just finished the roll around October 1).

Anyway, I took a few digital photos of the prints, so they are not the greatest quality, but it is a neat perspective of the Open House event.

Roof-view-DMCMW-back-lot.jpg

Roof-view-GT40RC.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8