FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PCH Northbound Drive - April 27-28

My VIN:    05457

PCH Northbound Drive - April 27-28

My wife and I are planning a drive north on the PCH for April 27th, and it would be great to have other interested Nor Cal owners join us. We are planning on doing this as a slow 2 day trip. This won't be as formal as some of the drives organized in the past, it will be very casual and subject to change with the mood of the group. I haven't pre-driven the route or been to any of the places listed, this is all based on internet research so I offer no guarantees of quality. I'm also open to suggestions for more/different stops along the way, since this is a slow paced drive we'll have some time.

Round Trip Route in Google Maps (about 3 hours one way)

Saturday, April 27th

1. 10:15 a.m. - Meet at Sleep Train's parking lot in Pentaluma for 10:30 a.m. departure
    2. 11:30 a.m. - Lunch at Spud Point in Bodega Bay
    3. 1:00 p.m. - Stop at Goat Rock Beach for pictures
    4. 3:30 p.m. - Arrive in Mendocino, maybe check out the Lighthouse, beach, or continue driving up near Fort Bragg to a coastal winery
    5. 6:00 p.m. - Dinner at Mendo Burgers, maybe head out for a drink
    6. Stay in Mendocino at Nicholson House Inn (or wherever you want to stay in the area, we don't need to be at the same place)

Sunday, April 28th

1. 10:00 a.m. - Regroup in Mendocino supermarket parking lot and start home, leaving at 10:15 a.m.
    2. 11:15 a.m. - Stop at Bowling Ball Beach
    3. 12:00 p.m. - Lunch in Gualala at Bones Roadhouse
    4. 2:00 p.m. - Captain Davey Ice Cream in Bodega Bay for mid afternoon snack
    5. Go our separate ways

Bring your FRS radio with sub channels for car to car communication, we will be using channel 4-1. I have 1 extra radio I can lend out.

Please let me know if you are planning to participate! Based on where people are coming from, the meeting place may change. Should be an adventure!
    David Proehl

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Sounds ridiculously fun man. Long drive for you to the starting point for sure!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    1768

Just now had time to look at this route, Ive never driven that far up, should be great.

Ill add this, We need to stop by the abandoned Delorean in Cazadero, ca. its literally 5 miles off the road from check point c Goat Rock beach!

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Just now had time to look at this route, Ive never driven that far up, should be great.

Ill add this, We need to stop by the abandoned Delorean in Cazadero, ca. its literally 5 miles off the road from check point c Goat Rock beach!
    I dunno, it's already 360 miles... think we can make it another 5?
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Sounds ridiculously fun man. Long drive for you to the starting point for sure!
    Yeah, nearly 2 hours to Petaluma for me, but this is the kind of drive I've been dying to do! I think it will be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post

Certainly can, like I said, we are in no rush! The only thing on the above list that has a hard time table is if we opt to do the winery, they close at 5:00 p.m.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    0934

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    The only thing on the above list that has a hard time table is if we opt to do the winery, they close at 5:00 p.m.
    Sounds like a goal worth achieving. The winery, that is.

Thanks for planning and posting the invite. I'll see what we can do here and let you know.

We've had our D up to Mendocino and beyond a several times but not recently - great drive, great scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sounds like a goal worth achieving. The winery, that is.

Thanks for planning and posting the invite. I'll see what we can do here and let you know.

We've had our D up to Mendocino and beyond a several times but not recently - great drive, great scenery.
    Oh man, if Rich is in now I'm definitely wedded to it... if we can't trust his judgement on the idea, who can we?

Have you done this route before Rich? Is the road D-friendly?
    Jon

Glad to see there is so much interest, I wasn't expecting that with an overnight schedule! Of course if some wanted to make it a day trip, you easily could just do Saturday with us, you'd just be driving home into the night.

Is the road D-friendly?
    Didn't even think about this, it is highway 1, isn't that well maintained the entire way? I've only driven south from here. If Rich did it once already it can't be too bad right?
    David Proehl

My VIN:    0934

Have you done this route before Rich? Is the road D-friendly?
    Yes. It's fine up that way. Same quality as what we saw on the Hwy 1 segment of the Marin run last year.
    Twisties and a few long runs. All 2-lane state hwy. Yum.

Sonoma Hwy 1.jpg
    View of Hwy 1 south along the Sonoma Coast

Hey,

I posted on the Facebook page but thought I'd chime in on this as well. I've been up and down that road in my Big Rig..... Would love to actually enjoy it this time. Were looking into getting the inlaws to watch the little ones so we can attend. Will know soon.......

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast