Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Thinking of doing a Delorean car show

  1. #11
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    I think it would be cool to do though really, not sure what everyone thinks but its just something I have been tossing around.
    Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?
    1-800-273-8255

  2. #12
    Senior Member DMC81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Dayton, Ohio

    Posts:    262

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?

    No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

  3. #13
    Cock Monger thirdmanj's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    2,566

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.
    Ahhh, I see now. Well that's cool. I doubt I can make it, but I looks forward to seeing pictures of it. I bet this idea would tie in very well with the Festival of Flight, too.
    1-800-273-8255

  4. #14
    Vin3299's Doc DeLorean03's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dayton, OH

    Posts:    1,586

    My VIN:    3299

    I would be willing to be a part of this. New Carlisle is not THAT far from Dayton. Heck yes, keep us updated on this.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

    Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

    Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

    Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

  5. #15
    Senior Member Jeremy Popp's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Carlisle, OH

    Posts:    106

    My VIN:    01495

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.

  6. #16
    Senior Member DMC81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Dayton, Ohio

    Posts:    262

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Popp View Post
    I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.
    Thanks guys, give me an opion of what kind of number you think might show? 10- 25 25-50 just looking for a ball park figure. I'll do some more checking on some details from the city. This is still just an idea for now keep in mind.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

  7. #17
    LS1 DMC Nicholas R's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Orlando, Florida

    Posts:    2,504

    My VIN:    01643

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    If I'm in Ohio I'm there.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Fluxat88MPH's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dayton, Ohio

    Posts:    111

    car show

    It's been my experience that it's hard to get a lot of D owners up this way in Dayton area. I am game though!

  9. #19
    Senior Member DMC81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Dayton, Ohio

    Posts:    262

    Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep ya posted on what comes of this. You can check out some pics of our classic car cruise-in here http://www.heritageofflight.com/
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

  10. #20
    Senior Member DMC81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Dayton, Ohio

    Posts:    262

    Just letting you guys know I have a meeting coming up in a week about our festival and I'll be bringing this idea up to see what the group thinks. Our main cruise-in is on Oct 4th but I was thinking of doing the Delorean cruise-in on Oct 5th mid afternoon. I will let you know what comes of the meeting late next week.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •