FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of doing a Delorean car show

Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    I think it would be cool to do though really, not sure what everyone thinks but its just something I have been tossing around.
    Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?
    1-800-273-8255

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?

No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Quote Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
    No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.
    Ahhh, I see now. Well that's cool. I doubt I can make it, but I looks forward to seeing pictures of it. I bet this idea would tie in very well with the Festival of Flight, too.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    3299

I would be willing to be a part of this. New Carlisle is not THAT far from Dayton. Heck yes, keep us updated on this.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Popp View Post
    I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.
    Thanks guys, give me an opion of what kind of number you think might show? 10- 25 25-50 just looking for a ball park figure. I'll do some more checking on some details from the city. This is still just an idea for now keep in mind.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

If I'm in Ohio I'm there.

car show

It's been my experience that it's hard to get a lot of D owners up this way in Dayton area. I am game though!

Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep ya posted on what comes of this. You can check out some pics of our classic car cruise-in here http://www.heritageofflight.com/
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Just letting you guys know I have a meeting coming up in a week about our festival and I'll be bringing this idea up to see what the group thinks. Our main cruise-in is on Oct 4th but I was thinking of doing the Delorean cruise-in on Oct 5th mid afternoon. I will let you know what comes of the meeting late next week.
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast