FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LANCIA MONTECARLO, DeLorean's ugly lookalike...

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

LANCIA MONTECARLO, DeLorean's ugly lookalike...

Yesterday I visited the Athens Classic car show and froze upon the resemblance...
    Then I searched the forum and member SMId had mentioned it in a post of his that this car is very similar to the DeLorean...

LANCIA Beta Montecarlo (1974 - 1979)
    Description & History: Chronologically, this was the last version of the Lancia Beta to hit the streets. Also designed by Pininfarina this car had the added bonus of being built by the famous designer's studio. The funny thing with this car is that while in prototype stage, it was supposed to be a Fiat, a successor to the Bertone. However, the car retained much of the Beta's bodywork. There were two generations made with a 2 year gap between them. Totally, some 7595 Montecarlos were built.

attached my image of the car show.PICT3208.jpg
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Yesterday I visited the Athens Classic car show and froze upon the resemblance...
    Then I searched the forum and member SMId had mentioned it in a post of his that this car is very similar to the DeLorean...
    I don't know about this one. I'd say the similarities would be a stretch. The D was designed by Giugiaro not Pininfarina. This Lancia is a mid-engine configuration, whereas the D is rear engine. The D was built for the US market, where the Lancia was built for the European market with a Scorpion US version available (though in much smaller numbers). There are obvious other differences. Not sure about that engine cover...
    Jeff

Jeff, I think you have taken a microscope for your rightfully very detailed comparison.
    The title reads "lookalike" and that was my point.
    I am just mentioning the first glace similarity:
    - Tail light and bezel
    - Body outline
    - Front darker line on the front of the hood
    - Rear side windows (only on several releases of the model)
    - Both Italian designers at the SAME era!

You must admit the silver one I took a photo of could be mistaken for an ugly D at a quick look.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Jeff, I think you have taken a microscope for your rightfully very detailed comparison.
    The title reads "lookalike" and that was my point.
    I am just mentioning the first glace similarity:
    - Tail light and bezel
    - Body outline
    - Front darker line on the front of the hood
    - Rear side windows (only on several releases of the model)
    - Both Italian designers at the SAME era!

You must admit the silver one I took a photo of could be mistaken for an ugly D at a quick look.
    You are not too far off, John Delorean was negotiating with Fiat/Lancia back in the 70's I believe.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have to say that I see it, definitely.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Ho scary similar is this image?

plus, this little shitty FIAT even made it out on the tracks..... What has the D to show for in that section?

My VIN:    1374

Cant say I find the Lancia ugly. They were rather successful at rally racing so they were doing something right.
    A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Their is a Lancia Monte Carlo in front of an auto shop in the next town over and everytime someone finds out I have a DeLorean, they always say "There's a DeLorean in front of an auto shop...". I have to tell them "That's a Lancia, not a DeLorean"

I talked with the auto shop owner and he was blown away that I knew it was a Lancia. He wanted to sell it to me for $500 but it was in really rough shape.
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhsxo View Post
    Their is a Lancia Monte Carlo in front of an auto shop in the next town over and everytime someone finds out I have a DeLorean, they always say "There's a DeLorean in front of an auto shop...". I have to tell them "That's a Lancia, not a DeLorean"
    I talked with the auto shop owner and he was blown away that I knew it was a Lancia. He wanted to sell it to me for $500 but it was in really rough shape.
    Oh boy... The similarity issues are that bad eh??

Like the countless times I heard people shout out "WOW! Look A Ferrari!!!" when I was driving by with my C3 Corvette...
    Last edited by ALEXAKOS; 03-23-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by Rhsxo View Post

For $500 I'd say you could easily throw a bunch of parts of it online for sale and double your money at the very least with very little effort.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast