FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flux Capacitor Question

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Flux Capacitor Question

While watching a review of the latest flux capacitor out, I noticed the warning to shield your eyes and had to wonder why Doc would have used clear glass there in the first place?

My VIN:    5311

Troubleshooting. Quick way to see whether it's "fluxing" or not, or if all three leads are working properly. With all of the wires hanging everywhere and everything installed with every regard to functionality and utility, fit and finish wasn't exactly high in the list of his requirements.

He picked a stylish car, and left it at that.
    - Chris

what

lol....I can think of a simpler way to know if it was working or not w/o risking the dangers

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    everything installed with every regard to functionality and utility, fit and finish wasn't exactly high in the list of his requirements.
    Now that I think about it all of Doc's inventions in the movie were built with that in mind except the time train. I wonder if that was intentional by the producers and prop designers. You could argue that the time it took to build the train and possibly Clara's influence pushed him to build to a higher standard.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    While watching a review of the latest flux capacitor out, I noticed the warning to shield your eyes and had to wonder why Doc would have used clear glass there in the first place?
    Technical/scientific reason? None that come to mind.

Hollywood reason? The audience can't see through it if it's not clear. It is a movie afterall

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Now that I think about it all of Doc's inventions in the movie were built with that in mind except the time train. I wonder if that was intentional by the producers and prop designers. You could argue that the time it took to build the train and possibly Clara's influence pushed him to build to a higher standard.
    I fucking hate the time train, but I never even thought about that. Now I hate it even more.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    With all of the wires hanging everywhere and everything installed with every regard to functionality and utility, fit and finish wasn't exactly high in the list of his requirements.
    Also it's a prototype and Doc was probably running tests, modifying and replacing parts, generally tweaking the design through the build. Easier to do that if everything is accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Technical/scientific reason? None that come to mind.

Hollywood reason? The audience can't see through it if it's not clear. It is a movie afterall
    LOL GMAB, Hollywood, of coarse! But I asked about Doc specifically...I know he had a reason...one shouldn't blame Hollywood just because they can't figure it out, now...

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Also it's a prototype and Doc was probably running tests, modifying and replacing parts, generally tweaking the design through the build. Easier to do that if everything is accessible.
    ...Now we are getting somewhere!

I already answered the question.

Hell, it was even proven when Marty looked at it and said "Flux Capacitor... Fluxing". He didn't have to even take his hands off the wheel to know it was working. Just a quick glance.

Indicator lights aren't as reliable as a visual inspection. The answer is simple utility.
    - Chris

what

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast