FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone know this kijiji car?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by jschatte View Post
    What do you guys figure this car is worth?
    If we know what a decent condition, running, reliable car is worth now... and work backwards by subtracting from that the amount of money in terms of parts, services, or your time that this car will require to get it to that point, I would say $5k. And that is to you within Canada. Someone over a border with a few more expenses to get it home might be looking at $3k. If this is the one advertised for $14.5k, my guess is he won't let it go for less than $10k, and I feel $10k is not appropriate for the condition this car seems to be in. There are a lot of question marks due to the lack of pictures of various other areas and the mystery surrounding it's history, brake work, condition when parked, etc. If you can get it into your driveway in Sask for $5k-$6k, then maybe. Otherwise, keep looking.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

That frame looks pretty bad, if it were me I'd keep looking unless you get it rediculously cheap and want to go through the process of swapping a frame some day. It might already be borderline unsafe given the amount of rotting material.

My VIN:    3028

That poor D has lived a tough life. That underside is toast, not worth the asking price, and it will probably be hard for the seller to accept what it's actually worth.

On a side note it is missing its front DMC badge.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post

On a side note it is missing its front DMC badge.
    50 bucks right there
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah it doesnt seem like a very good deal. I figured it was worth about half of what he was listing it for, seems like that was a reasonable price range. The frame looks pretty bad. I would be scared jacking it up haha. I am not particularly interested in this car but I want to keep my options open! I doubt he will move much. Maybe in a few months the price will come down if he doesnt sell it to someone who overlooks the frame.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Judging by the photos, this is not the moldy barn car that I have seen....sad that there are two DeLoreans rotting in my area!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2