FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Story of the 4th gold plated Delorean

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

So does that make this the 5th gold DeLorean?

http://www.deloman.de/projektemenu/golden-delorean

I know this one uses a special paint/coating instead of actual gold but it still looks like a gold DeLorean to me, lol. Plus some of the interior pieces are actual gold DeLorean pieces.

My VIN:    05141

agreed it is very cool.
    He had this set of beige interior.
    I'm glad this ended up in this project.
    Have not ween this one for real, I hope some day.

Jan

Steering with power

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by tjd View Post
    Kind of a misleading article. DMC built 2 AMX Gold DeLoreans. Kapac used the spare parts DMC had for the two they built (minus 1 door) to modify "the last vinned 83" into a 3rd. This car is a replica of the Gold AMX DeLoreans commissioned by the cars original owner. How is this car more significant then an owner painted DeLorean? Or a BTTF Time Machine replica? It is not worth the distinction of being called THE 4th Gold DeLorean. It's a much earlier replica then Wolfgang Hank's and a different approach was taken (Real Gold plated instead of a wrap) but is no more significant.
    AMEX had that "deal" for $100,000 you could buy a gold Delorean. Only 2 were sold but the deal AMEX had with DMC was that they have one set of spares made too. As mentioned that became the 3rd gold car but when they went to assemble it they could not find one door so they had to have another door plated gold but because it is near impossible to match unless you do ALL of the parts together, the door on #3 came out WAY off color. Because that gold plating is SO delicate, you can't even breath on the gold cars. One of the original two was in a glass case in a bank in Texas for many years. They are more a work of art than a functional car. If you were to actually drive the car you would damage the gold plating and significantly reduce the car's value. In today's market I would guess they are worth a lot more than $100,000 (at least the original 2 if the gold plating is still in good condition).
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    They are more a work of art than a functional car.
    All D's are a work of art thanks to Giugiaro.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

On a kinda related note, I recently spoke to a former member of Lapple's management team who told me that he suggested to the owner, just for the hell of it, to run a set of brass panels before the tooling was disposed of, but unfortunately the idea was rejected!
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2