FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the Delorean museum has some info on your VIN...

My VIN:    No VIN for me :(

Apparently the Delorean museum has some info on your VIN...

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/ownerinfo500-1000.asp
    If no one has posted this here yet, the Delorean museum may have your Deloreans original warranty card, Reproduction window sticker, or original owner info for you to buy.
    Cool beans

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

That's really neat, but expensive for some pieces of paper. Would be cool to make copies of these to display at car shows.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    That's really neat, but expensive for some pieces of paper. Would be cool to make copies of these to display at car shows.
    Expensive for pieces of paper, but a fair price compared to other marquees. Lotus charged me £45 (~$70usd) for their Certificate of Provence and buld information paperwork. It's the effort of the archivist you are paying for.

I just wish the Delorean Museum had this info on the later cars (17xxx)

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelDream View Post
    Yeah, they cut off just slightly too early.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

I have been on their site and looked for that service a while ago.

Sadly they do not have all window stickers and warranty card info on file. Look under the column WC/WS inf your VIN applies

They DO have most original owner info. Just type in your VIN and see what they have on file, and if you are ALL THAT lucky to have the other two items as well..

As for the price.... NOT TOO expensive as it only costs USD10 and the warranty at $40 comes with a frame! And that frame has a stainless steel look too

The the Window sticker is at just half way at $20

All in all a GREAT buy if you really love your D!

Good thread Lord. I actually never thought of looking cause I believed this is old news already. Tully interesting it was never mentioned....
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

I read somewhere they used to sell certification that certain VIN's were company cars some odd years back. Never found it myself though. Does anyone know if this is (or ever was) the case? None of the other paperwork applies to company cars apparently, since they were only sold after DMC went into receivership.

My VIN:    573

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I read somewhere they used to sell certification that certain VIN's were company cars some odd years back. Never found it myself though. Does anyone know if this is (or ever was) the case? None of the other paperwork applies to company cars apparently, since they were only sold after DMC went into receivership.
    Hi Shep,

I got my Ownership Certification a few weeks ago from the Museum. As you know VIN 573 was also a company car but was assigned to a DMC Manger. I wonder what the certificate will tell you about VIN 559.

BTW, I think the price is really reasonable, only the shipping cost to Germany almost kills you , but that has nothing to do with the Museum its just USPS.

Best wishes
    Don
    Douglas Adams:
    „The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that
    when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.“

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Really cool info on your car!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Camillo View Post
    I got my Ownership Certification a few weeks ago from the Museum. As you know VIN 573 was also a company car but was assigned to a DMC Manger. I wonder what the certificate will tell you about VIN 559.
    That's the thing: 559 was unassigned, and they skip right over it on the Owner's Info availability listing. 573 is listed there though. You'd think you could get something that stated it was unassigned, but apparently even that's not available.

I do have paperwork saying who the original owner was, in the form of a letter from Chestnut Fleet Rentals giving the title over to him [link], but I can't seem to find "official" paperwork from the DeLorean Museum on it

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelDream View Post
    Expensive for pieces of paper, but a fair price compared to other marquees. Lotus charged me £45 (~$70usd) for their Certificate of Provence and buld information paperwork. It's the effort of the archivist you are paying for.

The Jaguar Heritage Trust gets about $55 for something similar, and I bought a "build sheet" for my Avanti a couple of weeks ago for $35. Corvette build sheets are $35 (member) and $45 (non-member) and Corvette window stickers are ONLY sold with build sheets at $75/$95.

The Museum only has records on cars for which the dealers returned the "warranty cards" to DMC. That said, buyer's information data was created from the warranty cards, so lots of warranty cards went missing over the years between 1982 and 1997 when DMC acquired the Kapac inventory (who got these from Consolidated/DMC). I've heard it said that Kapac would give you your card if you visited and wanted to dig through them to find it.

There are several reasons there is limited availability of data on the later cars - DMC laid off most data processing staff in early/mid 1982 and no new data was being entered. After DMC closed, any dealers that still had and sold cars were not bothering to return the warranty cards as the cars really had no warranty anyway. As far the cars that Consolidated ended up owning, either from stock already in the states (but not at dealers) or the cars that bought from the receiver at Dunmurry, any sles records for those cars was collected by Consolidated and is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    That's the thing: 559 was unassigned, and they skip right over it on the Owner's Info availability listing. 573 is listed there though. You'd think you could get something that stated it was unassigned, but apparently even that's not available.

I do have paperwork saying who the original owner was, in the form of a letter from Chestnut Fleet Rentals giving the title over to him [link], but I can't seem to find "official" paperwork from the DeLorean Museum on it
    For VIN 559, order the "Buyers Information" letter and I'll talk to Sarah to make sure she can find the info needed to make it.

James
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast