FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i wonder if this is legit ??

My VIN:    10186

i wonder if this is legit ??

http://vehicles.oodle.com/detail/del...399-durham-nc/

claims to have several parts cars and such. might call later and see what they have

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by timothymoore View Post
    http://vehicles.oodle.com/detail/del...399-durham-nc/

claims to have several parts cars and such. might call later and see what they have
    Yes, Bob has been in the DeLorean community for a long, long time. I'll say this, he's not one of my favorite characters (and yes, I've had personal dealings with him).

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Yes, Bob has been in the DeLorean community for a long, long time. I'll say this, he's not one of my favorite characters (and yes, I've had personal dealings with him).
    +1. I sold him a parts car back in '99ish, not a pleasant interaction.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Sheriff Bob. He is a great guy even though he is a Southerner. He does have a bunch of Delorean parts. I guess he is finally trying to dump them. He also advertises in Hemming Motor News. If you do deal with him just be sure you and he are both in complete understanding of EXACTLY what you are buying and what you are paying. Southerners do not speak English quite the way Northerners do so you do not want ANY misunderstandings.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    11596

Now I'm all curious.... Never heard of him in my 10+ years. Brief synopsis? PM is OK.

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    Former Owner

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Sheriff Bob. He is a great guy even though he is a Southerner. He does have a bunch of Delorean parts. I guess he is finally trying to dump them. He also advertises in Hemming Motor News. If you do deal with him just be sure you and he are both in complete understanding of EXACTLY what you are buying and what you are paying. Southerners do not speak English quite the way Northerners do so you do not want ANY misunderstandings.
    David Teitelbaum
    Please don't lump all of us in with this guy

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    David Teitelbaum
    Says the guy from the state that has brought us gems of the English language like "Jersey Shore" and the phrase "youse guys".
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Banned

In New Jersey, when someone tells you to "turn left" at an intersection, get into the right hand lane and turn the steering wheel to the right....

Bill Robertson

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    Says the guy from the state that has brought us gems of the English language like "Jersey Shore" and the phrase "youse guys".
    Thank you!! Some of us from the South speak the Queen's English quite well thank you. Once when in NYC, I was asking directions to the Mariott Coutyard, I could not understand what he was saying:

A car was not a car but a "Kaaaaa"

The Courtyard was pronounced "Curtyeed"

The accent is just as bad there, the chances you get a gun pulled on you is also about equal, however, in NY you get a gun in your face if you look like you have money, down here, you get the gun in your face if you piss us off
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

as i grew up my family lived in plenty of places, including GA, NC & TN, but i managed to keep my 'neutral' midwestern accent (or lack of accent, if you prefer). im fairly proud of it as well.

but, i digress...

now, back on topic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast