FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marker light sockets - 3D printer trial

My VIN:    6313

3D Files

PM me and I'll send you the files. I've tried making them public on Shapeways, but it wants me to open a store first.

just FYI - I didn't develop the market light holders design any further. The shape and design turned out good, but the material they were printed out of needed to be more flexible. Since I don't have a printer, doing trial and error to get materials that would work was not worth it, so I didn't take the design further.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I've tried making them public on Shapeways, but it wants me to open a store first.
    Have you tried Thingiverse for posting? Haven't done it myself, but there is a TON of stuff on there, so I would imagine it easy to post.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

I use shapeways for model building. If you design the parts to use their fine ultra detail medium, which can be designed with very small walls if you need it, and then cast the parts using resin, the parts could then be more flexible depending on the type of resin used. They'd also be cheaper to make multiple copies if they've cast. You could also make a cast in wax and do the lost medium method and pour in molten metal to make a metal version.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    2942

I put my stuff on thingiverse . But I have not made any Delorean parts. I do have many parts in mind like the steering shaft bushing and coustom console switches. If I finnish them I can post them. My stuff is under DARCOM on thiniverse.com.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2