FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Memo 040881 Product Evaluation Summary - CRBrown

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Wow, someone with a blue pen was in a foul mood that day
    ...and they made note of the spelling errors in the memo, while being unable to get "vague" right the first time. I laughed out loud at that.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    ...and they made note of the spelling errors in the memo, while being unable to get "vague" right the first time. I laughed out loud at that.
    Almost sounds like the guy's wife after he neglected to do the laundry and told her he'd do it later. "When? When?! How long can it take? Why not NOW? Just do it!"

My VIN:    4534

I've seen people get "blue inked" like that before in company memos. It's always hilarious when you or your department isn't the target. I was only blue inked once but I was in the right and all the bosses knew it. I heard through the grapevine that the account manager that did it was put in his place. It pays to be the guy that everyone likes and wants help from. I'm slowly working my way back to that status in my new company
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Great read! Glad to know that they were at least trying to get things sorted out. Man would I love to have been a DMC test driver. " Take this new DMC12 and go drive the shit out of it for two months straight, and report back" Awesome job

The wanted 1/8th inch gaps between the fenders and hood, and 0.5 mm to the fascia? that's damn tight!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    ...The wanted 1/8th inch gaps between the fenders and hood, and 0.5 mm to the fascia? that's damn tight!
    Well, they're no Bricklin tolerances, but...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Great read! Glad to know that they were at least trying to get things sorted out. Man would I love to have been a DMC test driver. " Take this new DMC12 and go drive the shit out of it for two months straight, and report back" Awesome job

The wanted 1/8th inch gaps between the fenders and hood, and 0.5 mm to the fascia? that's damn tight!
    I've tried having an 1/8" gap between my fender and hood and when I have them that close, the hood catches on the fascia during the opening process.

Also, .5mm??? Really? Is someone going to get in there with a feeler gauge?? I think it would have just been easier to say, "the fascia needs to butt up to, and touch the fenders".

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Upon closer examination

They didn't call him "Dick" Brown for nothing.

CR.What.Brown.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    They didn't call him "Dick" Brown for nothing.

CR.What.Brown.jpg
    "...falls out..."

My VIN:    6125

I thought note 17 was really interesting...they wanted to paint the inner door flat black to match the infill panels and to hide the spot weld burn and distortion. The brown spot welds always bothered me as well so I brushed them all out with a scotch brite pad to improve the finish. I thought it made a big difference in improving the look of quality on the door construction.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I thought note 17 was really interesting...they wanted to paint the inner door flat black to match the infill panels and to hide the spot weld burn and distortion. The brown spot welds always bothered me as well so I brushed them all out with a scotch brite pad to improve the finish. I thought it made a big difference in improving the look of quality on the door construction.
    I wonder if this was the impetus behind those stickers that DMCH sells for the unfinished area that shows between the rear quarter and door cards inside. I don't know if those were OEM or a new idea.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast