FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bannings***Split From Increasing DeLorean values.***

My VIN:    4367

Bannings***Split From Increasing DeLorean values.***

OUCH!!!! It appears the OP got perm. banned. Man, that's hardcore.
    C

My VIN:    891, 1045

I think there should be a list or a thread started somewhere showing the screennames that have been banned and why. That way the rest of the forum members can be sure that the forum rules are being adhered to and bans are not the result of differing opinions or getting butt-hurt.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    4367

^x2. Maybe the mission statement should be changed to remove the 'and debate'.

Welcome to DMCTalk.org: an open forum dedicated to the discussion and debate about our beloved sports car the DeLorean, . . .
    C

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Banning***Split From Increasing DeLorean values.***

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    OUCH!!!! It appears the OP got perm. banned. Man, that's hardcore.
    The OP was recently banned short term for previous violations of the rules, after several warnings, which he ignored and threatened to just make new accounts if banned.....
    IHMO, it is not hardcore to then ban someone for making off topic, political/anarchial posts (which are deleted before many see them...) in an obvious attempt to belittle another member.
    He had his chance, and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I think there should be a list or a thread started somewhere showing the screennames that have been banned and why. That way the rest of the forum members can be sure that the forum rules are being adhered to and bans are not the result of differing opinions or getting butt-hurt.
    Posting the hows and whys (or leaving most posts violating the rules) would make the rules set up to keep things DeLorean oriented, civil, and "clean", etc all but useless. It would probably cut down on a lot of the threads being pushed off topic, trashed with debate -- so much for rules on those eh?
    Anyway, the Admin/Mod team has posted several times asking members to PM one of us if there are any questions about bans...

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    ^x2. Maybe the mission statement should be changed to remove the 'and debate'.

Welcome to DMCTalk.org: an open forum dedicated to the discussion and debate about our beloved sports car the DeLorean, . . .
    Debate is good and solicited -- Just not political or religious oriented debates. (Including those where some like to walk along or drag one foot all-the-way-down the line. )

================

Again, keep in mind that you don't see a lot of the posts before they are deleted. We try to get people to calm down and play along, repetedly -- sometimes they just don't want to play ball...

He was banned because he just couldn't resist making a political quip to insult another member. He'd been banned for it (temporarily) before. He had it comming.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    891, 1045

If the mods are open to answering questions about bans offline then that would satisfy my curiousity. I've seen on several forums where mods rule with an iron fist and ban anyone that disagrees with them. I was recently banned from a forum for calling out a mod for violating the unwritten rule I was accused of, overposting. I never got an explanation how answering a lot of questions that had gone unanswered meant overposting.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by seanroth
    I'm back.
    And in style too!

Quote Originally Posted by seanroth
    You must be an idiot. If you think that my last posts were offense then you are a loser and can't live in the real world.

You probably think that you are some internet guru and drive around in a DeLorean because you are sooo cool and get to ban members of a board that most of the world knows nothing about. Get real, the world does not care.

I am sorry that you were picked on in high school but get over it.

You can ban my ass foreve but I already have another handel that I use and have been using since mid 2012. You will never find it and I am on it weekly, so oh well. BTW, I use that when I am at Starbucks and other places so good luck with that IP address too.

Here is some free advice. Chill out, don't worry about people upsetting your little democratic board and make sure to drive the D often because it is fun!

Peace out

Sean

PS- I honestly think that you are giving me a hard time because I am black. I am going to check into that and if that is the case you and your board are screwed!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

FWIW, I think the moderators here have been pretty even-handed overall. A price-fixing scheme would have sent up a red flag for me, and if someone decides to violate rules which are plainly and clearly posted, then someone can expect to get banned. I've been on other forums where there's more flamebait and in-jokes than information. That gets very old very fast and frustrates anyone who comes to your site in search of something useful. I may not like everyone on DMCTalk and not everyone here may like me, but I came back because I think it's the best forum on the web for DeLorean info and keeping up with other owners. It's not perfect, but it's free, so what more can we ask for?

Thus endeth my $.02.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    And in style too!
    Somebody should give him Bill R's email. I bet they'd get along very well.
    1-800-273-8255

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

The race card.... really?!

My default assumption is everyone here is a white nerdy guy.... like me. I guess we should all feel terrible about my assumptions, playing the white nerdy guy race card 'n all.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast