Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Double-Din Face-plate Bracket Radio Frame

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Is the custom shifter plate also ready?

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by kobachi View Post
    Is the custom shifter plate also ready?
    Once I have enough people and start ordering parts for the Double-din frame kit, I will start on the custom shifter plate.

So far I have only 1 person.
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

I find it hard to commit to the DIN plate if the message board plate is not ready. Where are the lights going to go?

I think this is a fantastic panel you've designed, but this is a pretty high up-front cost you're asking. I understand ramping up the tooling for this kind of thing isn't cheap, but this panel is going to cost as much as some of the 2-DIN stereos it's meant to support! Have you considered reaching out to DMCH to see if they would be willing to finance the initial run of 10 panels to sell and gauge demand? You might have better luck selling to/through them than on just this forum.

I find it hard to commit to the DIN plate if the message board plate is not ready. Where are the lights going to go?

I think this is a fantastic panel you've designed, but this is a pretty high up-front cost you're asking. I understand ramping up the tooling for this kind of thing isn't cheap, but this panel is going to cost as much as some of the 2-DIN stereos it's meant to support! Have you considered reaching out to DMCH to see if they would be willing to finance the initial run of 10 panels to sell and gauge demand? You might have better luck selling to/through them than on just this forum.
    I know this will be difficult to tackle. I will be getting a new job real soon. Hopefully I will get to put my own money for the project.

The other thing is, if I do put in my own money, I can place an order, estimate of 30 units, to get the selling price I mentioned. If I do only 10, the prices on parts will be very expensive, and I would have to sell at a very high cost. If and when I get the 30 units, will people actually buy them, or will I get about 5 people only? As it always happens when I build and sell stuff.

I don't want to be stuck with these and money lost.

So far I still have one person who sent payment. If I get another 9 people sending payment, to have at least 10 people, then that will definitely help to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    I know this will be difficult to tackle. I will be getting a new job real soon. Hopefully I will get to put my own money for the project.

The other thing is, if I do put in my own money, I can place an order, estimate of 30 units, to get the selling price I mentioned. If I do only 10, the prices on parts will be very expensive, and I would have to sell at a very high cost. If and when I get the 30 units, will people actually buy them, or will I get about 5 people only? As it always happens when I build and sell stuff.

I don't want to be stuck with these and money lost.
    I totally understand where you're coming from; first-run and tooling is expensive. That's why I wonder if asking DMCH wouldn't be a bad idea. They might just be interested in carrying them, since you've already done all the R&D.

I totally understand where you're coming from; first-run and tooling is expensive. That's why I wonder if asking DMCH wouldn't be a bad idea. They might just be interested in carrying them, since you've already done all the R&D.
    If I go through DMCH the price will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1batt4u View Post
    If I go through DMCH the price will be more.
    Nobody said you have to give them an exclusive license I'm just suggesting if they want to carry your product, they might be able to provide the up-front money you need to justify the first run.

My VIN:    11326

I just came across this....

I am interested but have the same concerns as others. But I applaud you for the work and willingness to take on a project like this. However my car is on my shit list as of late as the maintenance and wear is starting to pile up.
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2