Hello everyone,

I came up with an idea for a high quality LED replacements for the door lights and side marker lights. Other lights will follow if this project works out.
I have designed a custom circuit board that replaces the original light bulb and provides comparable amount of light while using a lot less power and creating very little heat. I have made a sample set to test the idea and see how it turns out. I am very pleased with the results.
I would like to go ahead with the project and start production but I need to know if there's enough interest out there. The more orders I get the lower the final price will be. With 10 orders a complete set of six door lights or four side marker lights will cost $80 with free shipping.

Door lights:
Custom circuit board with four LEDs with three chips each for a total of 12 LEDs in each light:
15s.jpg 06s.jpg 08s.jpg 05s.jpg 07s.jpg

Each light needs just 0.67W for a total of 4W for all six lights! That's less power than just one original bulb! This means you can leave the doors open at shows without worrying about your battery dying.
They provide uniform brightness from about 10 to over 35 volts. The power is controlled by an IC mounted on the board.
There are no tools required for installation. Just remove the bulb and install the new board. That's it.

Side marker lights:
Custom circuit board with six LEDs with three chips each for a total of 18 LEDs in each light:
27s.jpg26s.jpg18s.jpg21s.jpg

Each side marker light needs about 1W of power and provides uniform brightness from about 9 to 35 volts. The power is controlled by two ICs.
In this case the installation is more difficult as the backing of the light will need to be cut off. The original socket requires just a small round hole. The new board is the size of the center section and the backing needs to be cut off.

Please let me know if there is any interest. If this project works out there is a plan to make interior dome lights, front turn signals and rear light assemblies. If the rear lights are made it will be a full replacement. There is a plan to make an exact replacement of the entire assembly as cutting and retrofitting the OEM lights would be too complex. Just sticking a LED bulb replacements doesn't guarantee good results. With a whole new assembly the possibilities are endless.

Check out my little site for more details. Link in my signature.

Keep in mind that the lights are NOT AVAILABLE yet. This is just an idea for a product. With enough people interested I will make it happen.