FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: LED door and side marker lights

My VIN:    6679

Bugger - been waiting on this, had a feeling the door struts were taking priority

Understand the need to walk away from frustration though - never a good thing to keep at it when you're like that.
    Chris

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

All right, thank you for your answer.
    Take a break and take your time, I'm not in a big hurry!

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Well, I am up for two sets now as getting my DMC-12 on the road has been delayed and they would also be good for my DeLorean-themed trailer.

Tom, do you have any update on this project?
    Many thanks

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

No updates... sorry.
    I have to take care of other things in life for now. This project is on hold. I will let everyone know if anything changes.

Sorry, but my health comes first. Then there is that deal with my DeLorean workshop. Ugh... bad times.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Don't be sorry, take care of your health first, this is more important.
    Hope everything will be fine for your health and workshop.

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Update - finally ;)

Hello everyone,

After a long delay I finally have an update for everyone interested in the LED door and side marker lights.

My health issues are under control now and I am back to normal life again... so...

I am getting ready to start assembly on the next batch of the door lights.
    As you might know there was an issue with some LEDs from my first batch. Unfortunately some lights with the bad LEDs were shipped and some of you might actually have them on their cars. The issue was a manufacturing fault where the aluminum substrate inside the LEDs was not cleaned properly during the production (original LED manufacturer). This caused a slow corrosion which would become visible after about two months of use. This was something I could not have seen at the time of assembly.
    New batch will be using LEDs from a different manufacturer - higher quality, much nicer and a little brighter. They were a bit more expensive but I will keep the original price for the lights - the prices are NOT going up!

If you currently have my LED lights in your car and you notice that some of them are not as bright as they used to be or that they are out completely, don't worry. Once the new batch becomes available I will send a replacement set to anyone that asks for one. All I ask for is that you send the old lights back to me. I will let everyone know when I'm ready to send replacements.
    BTW, if your lights stopped working for any reason, any cause, just let me know and I will send you a replacement. Let me say this again - if my LED lights are not performing as promised, I will replace them at no charge! Doesn't matter what happened! Even if you have tried powering them from a wall socket (VERY BAD IDEA) you still get a free replacement.

If you are interested in getting a set for your car, just keep an eye on this thread or check my website for updates.

The side marker LED lights will go on the bench as soon as the door lights are all done. I have all the necessary components ready and I just need to assemble the boards. One component that I will not make myself is the aluminum backing plate used for attaching the board to the side marker housing. That will be manufactured by a machine shop.

If you're interested, please hold on until I post that the lights are ready to be shipped!
    Please keep in mind that this is a one man operation done in my spare time - expect delays

Thank you and stand by for the next update!
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcio View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My health issues are under control now and I am back to normal life again... so...
    I'm glad to read you're felling better now, health is the most important

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    I'm glad to read you're felling better now, health is the most important
    In total agreement with that sentiment and very happy to get an update on the status of your efforts, so thank you Tom.

My VIN:    10201

How much does a set of marker light leds cost?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast