Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

cold!

I'm hard of hearing and I read lips a lot, he's saying "cold, damn cold"

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    I'm hard of hearing and I read lips a lot, he's saying "cold, damn cold"
    Impressive since his mouth is facing away from the camera when the line is delivered.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Impressive since his mouth is facing away from the camera when the line is delivered.
    Yea I just watched it. His back is pretty much completely facing the camera.

He also definitely says "damn cold".

What would "air cold" mean? At least the "mediocre photography paper/fakery" both make sense, haha. but I dont understand what "air cold" would even mean.

My VIN:    6125

Back when we were working on the time machine restoration someone on the team asked Bob Gale about it and he said it was "Damn cold". I still can't help but hear air cold though, I'm not sure why. I'll have to go back and watch it a few more times.

EDIT Here is a sound clip. I can hear it both ways

http://movie-sounds.org/old-movie-sa...cold-damn-cold
    Last edited by Mark D; 04-24-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added sound clip

I've always heard "air cold", which makes perfect sense to explain the ice buildup. Ever been on an airplane and noticed the eventual ice crystallization on the windows? Same thing. It's why they have to de-ice the wings.

I know that Bob Gale essentially wrote the movie but I still disagree with him and everyone else saying it's "damn cold". I will always insist that Doc is saying "air cold" considering the science of the scene.
    - Chris

what

I've always heard "air cold", which makes perfect sense to explain the ice buildup. Ever been on an airplane and noticed the eventual ice crystallization on the windows? Same thing. It's why they have to de-ice the wings.

I know that Bob Gale essentially wrote the movie but I still disagree with him and everyone else saying it's "damn cold". I will always insist that Doc is saying "air cold" considering the science of the scene.
    But he's definitely saying "damn cold". I don't even think "air cold" is a scientific term for anything.
    1-800-273-8255

I think part of it is that CL pronounces certain words in a very unique way. He's also talking under his breath a little bit in that scene and it's muffled by the sounds of air and steam being vented off by the car. For the longest time I couldn't even hear him say "Damn" no matter how hard I tried, but if you think it in your head while listening to the audio clip it's there. If i'm not intentially trying to hear the word "damn" though my brain reverts back to hearing "air" since that's what I've always heard.

Another one that took me forever to figure out when I was a kid was when he is explaining the "Sleep inducing alpha rhythm generator" that he used to put Jennifer to sleep at the beginning of Pt II. It sounds like he's gargling a bunch of marbles in his mouth when he says it and I could never figure out what the hell he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I don't even think "air cold" is a scientific term for anything.
    Maybe not, but he still says it.
    - Chris

what

Maybe not, but he still says it.
    No he doesn't! You can clearly hear the "D" in damn when he says the line!!! ...this is madness.

Bob Gale says its "damn"
    The script says its "damn"
    Subtitles say its "damn"
    Aaaaand, you can compare it to him (very clearly) saying "damn" at the end of the film when he's waiting for Marty to get there.

Damn it man!
    http://movie-sounds.org/quotes/back-...-Damn-cold.mp3
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 04-24-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    1-800-273-8255

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    But he's definitely saying "damn cold". I don't even think "air cold" is a scientific term for anything.
    air cold seems pretty straight forward to me... air rushing over something transfers heat. Have you never blown on your spoonful of soup to cool it off?

I'll agree that Lloyd is saying Damn Cold. You win that arguement, but WHY is the car damn cold? Because of the rush of air cooling the car as it travels through time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast