Thread: Lower Control Arm Braces

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Lower Control Arm Braces

$250

• New grade 8 bolts (4)
    • New lock nuts (4)
    • Stainless washers ( 8 )
    • Polyurethane bushings, fully sleeved ( 8 )
    • Braces (2)
    • Shipping to US address (PM me if you are international)

I will offer these through my company, Neal Ventures LLC. As such, I am set up to to take credit cards via Paypal, but it also mean that I need to charge Texas sales tax if I ship to a Texas address. I'm not setting up a website or anything, so if you wish to order a pair (one per car side), please PM me as some of you already have. My company lawyer did advice me that I should get a waiver from each purchaser before shipping since this I don't have an "official" sales invoice with terms and conditions or limits of merchantability. For video in action:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfDMHgEVnrc
    Attached Images
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    891, 1045

What material are the braces and what is the finish on them?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Polyurethane bushings in DOM (drawn over mandrel) seamless tubes (.12" wall) and schedule 40 iron pipe connector between the two. Heavy duty!
    Finish is black spray on truck bed liner; hard plastic like finish. I've had this on all my front suspension parts and it holds up very nicely. If you wanted to powder coat them, I could send them unpainted. I really don't think they need it however.

The welding I get done by a local pro that does a really good job and dresses them up nicely too. I build them on a dimension jig and take them to him with just a quick tack weld to hold the dimension.

I forgot to mention that the kit also comes with the 1/2" ID steel spacer that goes on the pivot bolt between the trailing edge of the car frame and the bushing. This basically allows the angle to be smaller, reducing the lateral force on the bolt and increasing the linear force. You can see it on the second picture above. Check out the history of the development in this thread along with some other pictures: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?65...ll=1#post95411
    Last edited by Spittybug; 04-22-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Very nice. You should put those pics in this thread. If I can get one of my D's on the road soon I'll be giving you a call.

Good suggestion. Here are the pics of the LA on the car reposted in this thread.
    I'm going to measure and see if I can go 1/2" shorter on the bolts just to look a bit cleaner.

BTW, with 4 cars we could work out a great deal!
    Attached Images
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

1/2-3/4" shorter would be MUCH more pleasing to the eye for me! I wasn't going to mention it, but you might shave a few cents on bolts that way too.

My VIN:    2848

What must be done to install these? Drilling? Removing Control arm?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    5185

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Lower Control Arm Struts

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Polyurethane bushings in DOM (drawn over mandrel) seamless tubes (.12" wall) and schedule 40 iron pipe connector between the two. Heavy duty!
    Finish is black spray on truck bed liner; hard plastic like finish. I've had this on all my front suspension parts and it holds up very nicely. If you wanted to powder coat them, I could send them unpainted. I really don't think they need it however.

The welding I get done by a local pro that does a really good job and dresses them up nicely too. I build them on a dimension jig and take them to him with just a quick tack weld to hold the dimension.

I forgot to mention that the kit also comes with the 1/2" ID steel spacer that goes on the pivot bolt between the trailing edge of the car frame and the bushing. This basically allows the angle to be smaller, reducing the lateral force on the bolt and increasing the linear force. You can see it on the second picture above. Check out the history of the development in this thread along with some other pictures: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?65...ll=1#post95411
    I just sent you a private message. Several of us from Rocky Mountain DeLoreans may have interest. This looks like very good work!
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

My VIN:    2848

Does anyone know what must be done to install these things? Do they just bolt on? Does the control arm have to be removed? Is there drilling involved?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    Does anyone know what must be done to install these things? Do they just bolt on? Does the control arm have to be removed? Is there drilling involved?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?65...ll=1#post98349

No drilling. No permanent change to car if you ever have to go back to true stock.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast