FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Control Arm Braces

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I'm not sure how many miles are now on them, but at least two tankfuls of gas. I put the D up on the lift today and removed the nuts from the long pivot bolt and the shock bolt. I then proceeded to rotate the bolt to check for any distortion that may have occurred over several hundred miles of "spirited" driving. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Looked as straight as the day they went in. No visible wear or abnormality anywhere that I could detect. I remain as confident in these as the day they were installed... and put my ass in the car, on the line, to prove it.

I then put scissor jacks under the wheels, lowered the car's weight to preload the suspension and tightened everything up.

Thanks to those that have already ordered these. I'm getting ready to order materials for another batch. A few groups have expressed an interest in multiple sets for their clubs. Let's talk volume!
    Please PM me as I have no interest in creating more debate through public posting of orders............
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

BUMP. Just remembered these. Anyone still using them? Just curious.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Still using, still look great down there.. I was under the car the other day to check on the source of an oil drip so I went to check the bushings on the LCA. Not visible wear or tear. I drive the car every chance I get and although it isn't a ton of miles since the addition of the LCAs, it's enough to determine that they work in my opinion.

My experience is that you will want to have a few of the large fender washers available for getting the alignment perfect. By adding them to either side of the bolt that goes through the lower eye of the shock, you can minimally move the LCA forward or aft a bit (caster) which normally is not adjustable on our cars. This impacts the toe a bit too which is easily adjusted with the tie rods. My local Firestone guys let me hover over them as they use their fancy machine and I'm able to see all the adjustments.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    891, 1045

How many miles since install?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

I'm going to guess about 2,000 or so. I do 20 here and 20 there, so keeping track is tough! 1 year, 52 weeks, 40 miles a week average? Yeah, that's about right.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    3997

Spitty - I messaged you about your product.

I have been hearing a popping noise lately from my front left suspension parts...and found the culprit...
    IMG_1700.jpgIMG_1701.jpg

I am wondering if when the control arm moves back and fourth, it wiggles the Poly bushings out of place. I am going to go back to stock on these. And I am interested in purchasing a set of your braces. Please let me know.

-Ryan
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Ryan;

I currently do not have any in stock. They require a bit of set up to do, so I usually make them in batches. Rob Grady has expressed an interest in a set to test out on his car. I've got one or two others that have expressed interest too. Maybe it's time to make a run of them.......

If there is anyone else out there interested, please let me know (thread or PM). I need to get a few more orders to make it worth the work. Bushings/tubing has gone up a bit, so price will need to be $275.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    17142 (12142 originally)

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Ryan;

I currently do not have any in stock. They require a bit of set up to do, so I usually make them in batches. Rob Grady has expressed an interest in a set to test out on his car. I've got one or two others that have expressed interest too. Maybe it's time to make a run of them.......

If there is anyone else out there interested, please let me know (thread or PM). I need to get a few more orders to make it worth the work. Bushings/tubing has gone up a bit, so price will need to be $275.

I'd be interested in a pair. Just to confirm, $275 buys all I need to do the entire front end, right? Not $275 per side?

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Ryan;

Hey Spittybug,

Im in for a set. Let me know when you start knocking out details. Hopefully its soon, I need to replace those LCA bushings and I would want to do these at the same time.

-Ryan
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Those look awesome and the video shows no movement after installation. I am in for a pair as well. I did not box in my LCAs but I hope that it gives them more stability.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast