Hello everyone! Again, total DeLorean new owner here, but I've been building subaru motors for years. Got an interesting problem on my brand new 10588. After driving the 800 miles home with no problem, I go on vacation and come back a week later. I drive my car to the store about a mile away, enough time for the car to get to operating temp in stop and go traffic, and i look down to see my temp gauge climbing towards halfway, higher then i've ever seen. I get nervous, pull over, wait about 10 minutes, and pop the rad cap, and the res is basically dry. curious. I see that i'm only supposed to put about 1/4 to maybe 1/2 full on the tank. fill it to about that, go home, no problems. I'm thinking theres maybe a bubble in the coolant line? but where did it show up?

Granted I just want to go for a drive, and I've got a new radiator, fans, coolant piping, etc etc on order, so the entire coolant system is getting redone, (including some electronics) but ... whats going on?

Going to try bleeding the air out, (looking for bleeding procedure now) but where did it come from in the first place? did i introduce it somehow?

yeeah then the AC compressor stopped firing. I think I've got a leak. The previous owner had the system vacuum tested for an hour, then completly charged, and it worked great for 2 days after. then last week it wasn't as cold, but worked, now the compressor doesn't fire at all. Ive heard of the high pressure line going bad. ideas?

If i can get the car to not get warm, its going to the AC place tomorrow to get vaccum tested.

Ideas?? oh great and glorious brains of DMCTalk, LEND ME YOUR WISDOM!

thanks!

Luigi <--noob