FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Recommendations on vinyl care

It sounds to me to be more of an unfortunate accident of not following the directions printed on the label of the 303. I have used 303 sparingly in my cars interior following the directions on the bottle and have had no issue of discoloring to my dash or binnacle.IMG_5672.jpg
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by tjd View Post
    It sounds to me to be more of an unfortunate accident of not following the directions printed on the label of the 303. I have used 303 sparingly in my cars interior following the directions on the bottle and have had no issue of discoloring to my dash or binnacle.IMG_5672.jpg
    To be fair, while the 303 website says to spray on an applicator and then to spread on, the bottle in my hand doesn't say anything about an applicator -- just "spray on and wipe dry"

Quote Originally Posted by kobachi View Post
    To be fair, while the 303 website says to spray on an applicator and then to spread on, the bottle in my hand doesn't say anything about an applicator -- just "spray on and wipe dry"
    I guess I have been lucky that I have always sprayed onto an applicator instead of right on the dash then. LOL

I have used 303 in my car sparingly for 4 years with no discoloration issues.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by tjd View Post
    I guess I have been lucky that I have always sprayed onto an applicator instead of right on the dash then. LOL

I have used 303 in my car sparingly for 4 years with no discoloration issues.
    What sort of climate do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by kobachi View Post
    What sort of climate do you live in?
    Southern Lower Michigan, So I can't imagine the climate here is much different then where the damage occurred to the car in Wisconsin.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

For those that don't know how the purple ish and brown stains happen, it takes a "perfect storm" of the right conditions. First, a spray type vinyl cleaner is applied heavily to the dash, and then nearly immediately the dash is "baked" in very hot summertime sun with outdoor temps mid 80s and above. The interior of the car tempwrature will be unbearable in hotness. When it happened to me, I had also used a dash cover, thus locking in even more heat. It is a very real phenomenon.

My VIN:    6125

Also, it could have been possible there was some other previous treatment to the dash that I was unaware of from the previous owner. If there were any other lingering silicone based products infused in the dash this could have also mixed with the 303 to make the reaction worse.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Leatherique Products/Kits 30% Off at AutoGeek.net

Use coupon code 'leather30' when checking out - worked for me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3