FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: WTT: My 2006 Ford Mustang GT for your Delorean

Banned

My VIN:    1798

So,

When is the re-listing? After all, it's the best time of the year to try and sell something like what you have?

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    So,

When is the re-listing? After all, it's the best time of the year to try and sell something like what you have?
    I haven't put it up yet, I'm still considering how I want to proceed here, rewording the format you provided to fit my car and I have been doing maintenance to my car and bike today. Good news for the car, it's tip top, but the bike needs new brake pads, which is simply a matter of ordering and putting on. I digress, I'd like to just put it on without a reserve, but I really don't want the car to get one $10K bid, if I am to have a DeLorean, I'll need at least $14k from it, otherwise my overall sum will fall too short to get a decent running D. I hope relisting won't charge me another fee for the month, since I'm awaiting the last fee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I haven't put it up yet, I'm still considering how I want to proceed here, rewording the format you provided to fit my car and I have been doing maintenance to my car and bike today. Good news for the car, it's tip top, but the bike needs new brake pads, which is simply a matter of ordering and putting on. I digress, I'd like to just put it on without a reserve, but I really don't want the car to get one $10K bid, if I am to have a DeLorean, I'll need at least $14k from it, otherwise my overall sum will fall too short to get a decent running D. I hope relisting won't charge me another fee for the month, since I'm awaiting the last fee.
    You're selling something for hopefully over $10k and you're having a conniption over a $15 auction fee??? If money is that tight, then perhaps you may want to rethink DeLorean ownership.

I told you before that because of how common your car is, and thus it's competition in the marketplace, in addition to the title / history report defect, you'll have to be very pro-active and aggressive in marketing it in order to receive as much as possible on the sale. It often costs a little money in order to make money.

My VIN:    891, 1045

"You've got to spend money to make money" is so true. I paid to list my Charger 3 times...but it worked the third time. I stuck to my price (because the market showed it was worth it) and I got it. Now my Chevelle wagon on the other hand is a different story. There's not much market for them and they're not too common so there isn't much data out there to try and figure out its value. I'll likely ebay it tomorrow and try my luck.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    "You've got to spend money to make money" is so true. I paid to list my Charger 3 times...but it worked the third time. I stuck to my price (because the market showed it was worth it) and I got it. Now my Chevelle wagon on the other hand is a different story. There's not much market for them and they're not too common so there isn't much data out there to try and figure out its value. I'll likely ebay it tomorrow and try my luck.
    If it's a two-door Concours Estate, I might be tempted to buy it!

BTW - How many cars do you have? It sounds like you have quite the collection

To stay on topic, I think relisting it at least once is almost the norm anymore, so I wouldn't sweat the small change for listing.

Off topic...it's a 4-door, and I currently have, by age: '72 Chevelle wagon, VIN 1045, VIN 10077, '85 Austin Mini, '96 Impala SS and '10 Challenger SRT8 (w/SRT8 parts car enroute).

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    You're selling something for hopefully over $10k and you're having a conniption over a $15 auction fee??? If money is that tight, then perhaps you may want to rethink DeLorean ownership.

I told you before that because of how common your car is, and thus it's competition in the marketplace, in addition to the title / history report defect, you'll have to be very pro-active and aggressive in marketing it in order to receive as much as possible on the sale. It often costs a little money in order to make money.
    No, money isn't tight at all, I personally hate spending money, but I understand what your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    To stay on topic, I think relisting it at least once is almost the norm anymore, so I wouldn't sweat the small change for listing.

Off topic...it's a 4-door, and I currently have, by age: '72 Chevelle wagon, VIN 1045, VIN 10077, '85 Austin Mini, '96 Impala SS and '10 Challenger SRT8 (w/SRT8 parts car enroute).
    Yeah, I'm contemplating how exactly I'm going to list the car, I have a way better description this time because of NightFlyer, but I don't want to have an auction with no reserve and only get $10k for a single bid and not be able to cancel it before the auction ends. I fully understand the history report says one thing, but its not a problematic vehicle at all, no real lasting damage, other than a small dent I doubt anyone would even notice. I'm not sure yet how exactly I want to relist it, no reserve or try the same as before, just more pictures and the new desription.

You can cancel your auction up to 12 hours before it ends. If you have it on Craigslist or somewhere else you'd have to be able to cancel it if it sells outside ebay.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16